Our client, one of Austin’s most beloved brands, is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team! They serve top-quality, locally sourced foods paired with a vast craft beer selection. Our client wants to help their guests slow down and stay for a while by providing a place for people to come together and break bread. If you’re looking to become part of a team that values actively serving their guests and a warm, thoughtful approach to hospitality, then this could be the position for you!
As Accounting Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing both the accounting function as well as all accounting staff. Our client is looking for someone that can deliver timely and accurate financial reporting on time, meaning that you need to have excellent time management skills! You’ll be providing leadership, support, and coaching to your accounting team, which will foster a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
What’s in it for you at this team-oriented restaurant and beer garden?
- The chance to work at one of the best beer gardens in the nation, according to Food and Wine
- A base salary of $90k – $100k
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Friends and family meal discounts
- Flexible remote work policy
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting function
- Preparing financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Administering the company’s accounting and financial systems
- Supervising and ensuring the timely completion of the month-end accounting close process
- Ensuring all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
- Reporting and remittance of taxes to various government entities
Requirements for the Accounting Manager
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a relevant field
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- CPA or other accounting certification is preferred
- Master’s degree in accounting preferred
- Previous experience in hospitality or manufacturing is a huge plus!
- A history of keeping commitments and meeting strict deadlines
- The ability to manage and successfully complete multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to take initiative to work independently as well as work as part of a team