Our client is a master development company that, for over 35 years, has strived to collaborate with local civic organizations and leaders, as well as residents. They believe that a well-facilitated and thorough input process along with building consensus within local communities is what makes them exceptional. Our client also works hard to ensure that the latest sustainable building technologies are used for their construction and planning, so they can make a positive environmental impact!
As Accounting Manager, you will utilize your strong analysis and decision-making skills to manage multiple projects, as well as lead and train staff members. You’ll be a good fit if you’re a self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to communicate efficiently at all levels.
Primary Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager
- Oversee the job cost process to ensure there is an accurate accounting of costs by job, controls in place to facilitate the strict adherence to budget, and the ability to correctly forecast in the Yardi Voyager Job Cost module.
- Oversee the facilitation of monthly/quarterly job cost meetings and ensure the participation of appropriate members of the development team, the accounting team, and the EVP/CAO to review job cost status and completion progress.
- Develop job cost and development reporting processes and documentation to meet management reporting needs.
- Coordinate with Accounting: Special Projects, to approve and ensure the timely submission of all construction-related draw requests.
- Resolve any job cost report discrepancies in conjunction with Senior Project Administrator and Project Manager. Review all requests for transfers of any miscoded costs or reallocations of any job costs in Yardi.
Primary Requirements of the Accounting Manager
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in accounting/financial management
- Experience with real estate and development accounting for multiple entities and properties
- Budgeting and forecasting experience in a job cost environment
- Extensive knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and other applicable accounting software. Knowledge of Yardi Voyager is a plus!
- CPA is preferred
What’s in it for you in this employee-driven company?
- Manage a close-knit team that focuses on lifting each other up!
- The chance to work with local contractors and benefit the area economy and residents
- Contribute to environmentally sustainable development and infrastructure planning