Headquartered in Texas, our client maintains a technologically advanced facility – helping to ensure that we stay at the cutting edge of the precious metals industry. They were founded under the premise of bringing trust and integrity to all aspects of the precious metals acquisition process. Their goal is to always exceed customers’ expectations by helping them to make better buying decisions.
This rapidly growing company is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Accountant to join its finance and accounting team. The right candidate will work closely with other members of the accounting department, as well as other departments. The ability to provide value from both an accounting and forward-looking project basis is highly desired. The best fit for this role is a proactive thinker who takes full ownership of responsibilities and seeks to accomplish tasks with 100% accuracy. The ideal candidate will need to have the ability to prioritize multiple requests and adapt to change. The company is entrepreneurial and agile in nature while adhering to solid controls.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Work with a dedicated team that has awesome synergy and collaboration efforts!
- Attend events and trips geared towards employee appreciation and recognition including a monthly social squad, seasonal and holiday fun!
- Focus on wellness with onsite yoga, strength, conditioning and cardio classes, a financial freedom academy and weight loss competitions!
- A fun-loving, fast paced casual working environment, where you will never get bored!
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- 3 way match of vendor bills, PO’s & item receipts.
- Manage disbursements via bank ACH, wire transfers and checks.
- Manage inventory prepaid balances.
- Responsible for month-end AP reconciliations.
- Coding Amex payments and ensure all receipts are turned in.
- Reconcile mid-month statement and make payments as well as month end balance with Amex account balance.
- Review mid-month and month end reconciliation of Customer Deposits Weekly.
- Maintain procedures index file and coordinate with staff to keep all procedures current.
- Collaborate with external audit and to ensure efficient responsiveness to audit requests.
- Customer Verifications and ACH Bank Deposits by verifying orders, process payments and release to shipping.
- Develop and implement process improvements in Project Accounting, oversee scoping and roll-out of automation initiatives.
- Report directly to the Controller who will provide position and industry specific guidance, while coordinating with other managers and departments as needed.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Accounting or Finance degree.
- 3+ years ERP and NetSuite experience.
- 3+ years of general accounting experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel with advanced vlookup and pivot table experience preferred.
- Treasury management experience preferred.