Our client, a global FinTech and RegTech platform, is not a startup they are an established, rapidly expanding company. They provide an award-winning, state of the art regulatory technology solutions and services to financial services companies. They are looking to hire their first US-based, Application Support Engineer on the Customer Support Team that is responsible for working with client IT teams to provide support for complex production issues with their application. You must have a keen eye for detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with Client IT teams to resolve production issues
- Accurately document customer issues, understand customer systems and configuration, identify problems and recommend solutions
- Troubleshoot technically complex issues and drive them through to resolution
- Identify and reproduce customer reported software defects and work with our internal development teams to resolve them
- Contribute to the creation of a Knowledge Base by creating and reviewing content.
- Communicate with Customers via phone and email to keep them updated on the progress and status of their tickets
- Become a recognized subject matter expert on the product
- Participate in on-call duties rotation for after-hours support
- May be required to travel to client site occasionally
- Good understanding of Windows and Linux Operating Systems Administration
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, Active Directory, IIS and other web and network technologies
- Good understanding of SQL with the ability to write SQL queries to troubleshoot and correct data issues
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is an advantage
- Experience working in a Technical Support environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- High level of self-motivation with a strong desire to solve problems and ability to multi-task following priorities and adhering to SLAs
- Ability to maintain self-control and objectivity while defusing stressful customer situations.