Our client, based in Austin, TX, was founded in 2011 and is a full-service construction management firm specializing in the multifamily market throughout Texas. They pride themselves on delivering high-quality apartment projects with first-rate management from start to finish. The team of construction professionals they have on board is known for their skill, integrity, and dedication to craftsmanship and takes pride in delivering buildings on schedule and on budget while maintaining a high standard of quality.
As the company continues to have success, they are growing quickly and looking to hire an Assistant Project Manager who will lead the construction team and coordinate efforts with preconstruction, estimating subcontractor buyout, and project closeout. This role will be responsible for planning, estimating, procurement, scope writing, contract negotiation and conflict resolution and works closely with the field team to ensure a successful project. Clients appreciate the open-door approach to project management and their innovative online management system gives clients ready access to up-to-the-minute information so they can track progress and make informed decisions.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company
- Actively manage multiple projects to ensure they are well operated and achieve successful completion within budget and in the schedule.
- Preconstruction services include but are not limited to budgeting, estimating, and value engineering.
- Manage subcontractor selection and provide detailed scope review and subcontract writing.
- Operate within our accounting/project management software to maintain current cost reports.
- Coordinate with all Owner requirements as it relates to reporting, approvals, meeting minutes, and inspections.
- Troubleshoot design discrepancies and coordinate with the design team.
- Manage the project budgets and track all overages/savings for each scope of work and projections for cost to complete.
- Oversee project change management which includes budgeting, subcontractor pricing, and change order preparation.
- Assist the Superintendent with subcontractor supervision, safety, material procurement, quality control and accountability.
- Prepare monthly pay applications and conduct regular meetings with Ownership and the design team.
- Work with the project Superintendents to oversee and track project schedules.
- Manage the construction documents to ensure RFI’s, Submittals and closeout documents are processed and approved.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering or related field preferred.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in the Commerical construction industry (preferably Multi-family, or Mixed Use)
- Commercial: Business property, including office space, shopping centers, stores, theaters, hotels, and parking faculties
- An understanding of construction concepts, including the ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally in a team environment.
- Customer service oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with problem-solving and managing multiple tasks continually.
- Entrepreneurial; self-motivated.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training, or other business-related events.
What's in it for YOU?
- Health insurance plan for all employees
- A safe-harbor 401(k)
- After three years of employment, employees are eligible for profit sharing.
- A great company culture dedicated to core values and pride in their work while maintaining strong relationships with clients, city offices, design professionals, subcontractors and the community.
- This role is open for someone looking for stability as we want you to plant your roots here! There will be opportunities for extended training, growth and movement.