Our client, an established, still rapidly expanding FinTech company in North Austin, is looking for a Software Development Lead to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software Applications, Azure Infrastructure, and Tools in support of the company, product and customer requirements. This includes documenting, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications in a Windows / Azure environment. The Software Development Lead will research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. This individual will also communicate with and provide support and guidance to other Programmers as needed.
Maintenance / Development
- Work with customer service, systems analysts, and software engineers to resolve problems with company software systems while documenting work using collaboration and ticketing systems
- Identify requirements, write code, and test software programs and applications by using a strong Agile approach of sprints, stand-ups, and constant collaboration.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures to debug and verify program operation.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
What you’ll do
- You’ll design, deliver and manage a source code management process and environment that provides continuous integration and continuous delivery with automated alerting on failures
- You will investigate new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization
- You will champion automation: tools improvement, process automation, and innovation
- You will identify and execute on opportunities for increased and improved monitoring and security through the use of tools like AppDynamics, Sonarqube, and site24x7
- You will educate other engineering teams and advocate for scalable and maintainable architectural decisions.
- You will lead the remediation of issues identified by security and quality scanning tools
- 5-10 years developing applications with .Net, C#, SignalR, JQuery, SQL, HTML/CSS, MVC
- 5-10+ years of experience working as a build engineer (VSTS, TFS, Visual Studio)
- 3-5 years Azure infrastructure operations and support covering Virtual Networks, SQL as a Service, SQL databases, IIS, Virtual Machines and load balancers
- 3-5 years of experience with Appdynamics and Sonarqube
- 3-5 years of experience with MSSQL implementations, tuning and replication
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence