Our client, headquartered in the “Silicon Hills” of Austin, Texas, offers an experience as unique as the city in which it operates. The firm supports more than 1,700 independent financial advisors in delivering comprehensive securities and investment advisory services to their clients. With a culture rich in reinvention and advisor advocacy, they have developed integrated business management technology that, combined with its personalized consulting services, offers exceptional scale and efficiency.
They are looking for a skilled BI Developer that will be a part of their growing Data Analytics team. This opportunity is for someone who can work with all segments and levels of business to support them in creating functional reporting to help organize the business. They will work closely with their teammates on the Data Analytics team and business end-users, to create skillfully planned reports and dashboards based on key metrics and KPIs. They will be involved in the transformation of the Data Analytics and Data Engineering’s teams, into a data science organization.
Primary Responsibilities of the BI Developer
- Work with the data engineering teams to craft and promote data governance, data stewardship, and data quality reports and dashboards.
- Translate business requirements to reporting capabilities and use expertise to provide guidance on generating and distributing actionable insights.
- Promote data literacy and work with data across all departments within the business.
- Research and vet software vendors for significant improvements to capabilities, including embedding recommendations and insights, advanced analytics, and search-based dashboarding.
- Work closely with data engineering teams to structure and improve certified datasets for business consumption and to serve as the basis for the next generation data capabilities.
- Participates in work stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- Establish, maintain, and promote consistent methodology for business intelligence development.
- Design and manage a repository of documentation related to standard report design, development, and deployment.
Primary Requirements for the BI Developer
- Bachelors in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, MIS/Information Management, Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing reports and dashboards at an enterprise level, with a BI tool such as Power BI, Tableau, Looker, or Sisense. Certifications highly desired.
- Academic or professional experience with UI/UX design a plus.
- Experience working with marketing and content tracking datasets and building effective marketing and lead generation dashboards.
- Applicable work experience with MSSQL, designing queries for complex business logic.
- Experience implementing row-level security on enterprise reports or dashboards.
- Experience within an Agile scrum team and familiarity with Atlassian suite.
- Experience with version control systems and familiarity with deployment processes.
- Power BI or other Power Platform certifications highly desired.
What’s in it for you as a BI Developer with a growing company?
- Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package for this full-time position
- A world-class team of professionals, casual work environment, and rich culture
- Challenging projects now and on the Technology Roadmap going out several years
- Career path, training support, and opportunities for advancement within
- Award-winning, a stable leader in their market space and still growing
- A solid compensation plan includes comprehensive benefits and a bonus plan
- Full health, vision, dental. 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.
- A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water