CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Based in Austin, our client is a full-service general contractor and construction management firm serving the multifamily and commercial sectors throughout Texas. They take pride on delivering high-quality building projects with first-rate management from start to finish.
They are looking for a CFO to join the Leadership to help institute and promote the clients vision and core values, provide counsel with respect to the potential financial impact of major business decisions, participate in pivotal decisions and ensure proper alignment of Accounting, HR and Corporate Governance.
Primary responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer:
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization regarding long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Work closely with contract controller to prepare accurate financials (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, WIP) and monitor project cost reports
- Annual budgeting, review cost reports vs. billings, review Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Review and approve operational business expenses for accuracy and job cost allocation
- Prepare documents for Clients and Lenders (HUD-221-D4, Market Rate & Tax Credit)
- Provide Peer Review for subcontractor and vendor Pay Applications
- Evaluate cash flow position and review opportunities to provide alternative income
- Analyze, consolidate and direct all job cost accounting practices and ensures that project managers are trained and understand job cost accounting
- Advise on the company’s tax position and on the tax impact of alternative courses of action
- Develop financial models for evaluating development opportunities
- Manage banking and equity relationships as well as closing preparation
- Negotiate loan agreements and terms for equity capital
- Manage investor relations and financial reporting on development deals
- Identify and secure land opportunities for development
- Responsible for purchase contract negotiations and related due diligence
- Hire, develop, motivate, and review all subordinates in order to ensure effective and efficient accounting, administrative and HR operations
- Manage 3rd Party IT consultants
- Review and Negotiate legal aspects of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders utilizing legal partners
- Maintain Bonding, Line of Credit and Bank relationships to ensure company financial health
- Regularly evaluate Subcontractor bonding capacity, CPA prepared financials and workload to limit exposure to subcontractor default
- Assist with preparing New Project Proposals
- Review budgets to confirm numbers and logic within estimates
- Provide experience and financial content for RFQ’s and RFP’s
- Manage the HR side of the business
Primary Requirements of the Chief Financial Officer:
- Bachelor’s degree or M.B.A. in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent business experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
- 6 years minimum experience as a CFO in a mid-size to large ($100 million+) corporation
- 12+ years of work experience in mortgage, finance, real estate, investment analysis, asset allocation and portfolio management
- Experience working in Private Lending, Loan Trading or Mortgage Banking preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
What’s in it for you as the Chief Financial Officer?
Our client is conveniently located in West Austin and has built a reputation for hiring people with great skill, integrity and a dedication to craftsmanship. Their Corporate culture promotes and values contributions from all levels and fosters a positive, productive environment. Compensation includes Competitive salary, performance incentives and comprehensive benefits package.
If you are ready to take a leading role in this successful company, contact us today!