The Client Advocate acts as a consultant and service team member to existing clients. Our Client
Advocates have broad knowledge of HR/payroll processes and systems of records and services and they
possess the ability to apply the knowledge appropriately to diverse situations in order to add value to
clients. Trains and supports clients throughout the relationship and, at the same time, exploring clients’
underlying issues and needs for potential up-sell opportunities They are responsible for all aspects of quality client service
and the overall client satisfaction
• Maintains base of payroll clients and must be aware of all Paragon solutions to meet client
payroll, human resource, workforce management, and client employee needs.
• Manages escalated issues and provides quality client service to maintain a high rate of client
• Utilize sound judgment to escalate issues that may require intervention of the Client Services
Team Lead, Operations Manager or other departments.
• Works with clients according to set schedules in order to obtain payroll data, including salary
adjustments, special payments, tax allocations, and employee deductions or adjustments.
• Maintains knowledge of the all payroll processing system and changes in wage and tax laws to
develop a trusted relationship with our clients.
• Maintains technical knowledge of all client-facing systems to provide basic troubleshooting
beyond first level support and prior to escalating to IT.
• Researches and resolves client and system problems to ensure accurate payroll reports and tax
• May correspond with federal, state, and local tax agencies on behalf of clients to resolve
• Maintains client CRM files to ensure efficient operation and improved client service.
• Participates in task forces, strategic initiatives, stretch assignments and collaboration
opportunities with other departments (banking, tax, IT, etc) as needed.
• May participate in conducting training sessions to empower and develop employees.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or other related field and the resultant
knowledge and experience from at least 3 years of payroll management experience in a service
• Process Management Oriented: Ability to document and identify process flows related to
payroll. Ability to identify co-dependencies, risk factors and operational influences then suggest
appropriate resolutions to client issues.
• Industry Knowledge: Applies the understanding of industry terminology, process flow and structure to problem solving and communications. Proven effectiveness in resolving complex client service issues of all levels, ability to prioritize critical issues.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with large, complex clients. Ability to maintain focus on long term objectives while meeting tactical responsibilities is critical.
• CPP or FPC certification
• Proficient in Millennium (M3) payroll, SwipeClock (TimeWorksPlus) and other HR systems of record
• Strong client relationship skills
• Demonstrated ability to listen and anticipate customer needs
• Must be comfortable working in a performance-based and structured environment while demonstrating high ethical standards
• Must be able to recognize basic procedural issues as they arise, then escalate to the appropriate level
• Ability to demonstrate learning agility and critical thinking skills and apply basic concepts in new situations
• Excellent analytical skills and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Proficient using Microsoft Office