Voted as one of Austin Business Journal’s ‘Best Places to Work 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019’, our client is a commercial construction company that is rooted in integrity, has a history of building long lasting client relationships, and is composed of employees who are driven, passionate and intelligent. From the beginning, the company has operated as a family and leadership has cultivated an outstanding, engaging company culture.
With continuing expansion, they are looking for individuals with experience in commercial construction to fulfill the responsibilities of Superintendent. The best fit for this role will be someone who is talented and driven and value trust, respect, hard work and loyalty. If you have a desire to do outstanding work with an outstanding team, this role will allow you to work within a collaborative, relationship-driven company where relationships with colleagues are authentic and meaningful.
What’s in it for YOU?
- A culture where they promote lifelong learning and dedication to the growth and success of employees.
- Opportunities for external training, professional accreditations, industry organization memberships and development, as well as a variety of internal training resources and programs.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Short Term/ Long Term Disability Insurance with 401K Plan with company match and Profit sharing program.
- Paid Holidays, Sick Time and a PTO plan.
- Company apparel and swag with a fully stocked breakroom.
- Company sponsored happy hours, events, lunches and yearly company trip.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Provide daily on-site supervision of the construction site.
- Direct the field execution of on-site labor force.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, contract drawings and specifications and ensure the project is being built in compliance.
- Ensure subcontractors perform contractual requirements prior to beginning any work on the jobsite.
- Enforce OSHA safety regulations to all on-site workers and maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a clean and organized worksite.
- Work collaboratively with project managers to create a schedule and monitor progress to meet project objectives.
- Monitor costs.
- Prepare and submit daily reports.
- Coordinate inspection agencies and take remedial actions indicated by agency reports.
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- 3-10 years construction or construction engineering experience.
- Experience in Commercial Construction is necessary, Healthcare and Multi-Family experience is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of commercial construction-safety regulations, local & state building codes, general construction processes, practices and worksites.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Procore Experience a plus.