This is your chance, don’t lose it
recruitAbility has teamed up with an Austin-based, full-service general contractor and construction management firm serving the multifamily and commercial sectors throughout Texas. They are a full-service construction management firm specializing in the multifamily market throughout Texas. They take pride on delivering high-quality apartment projects with first-rate management from start to finish. This is the company you want to be in if you are looking to develop yourself with a great team by your side.
Our client is searching for a skilled CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTANT, a candidate who has excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to be responsible for maintaining accurate accounting and job cost records for the company.
YOUR ROLE AS A CONSTRUCTION CONTROLLER
In this CONSTRUCTION ACCOUNTANT role, you will Check bank accounts daily, to review processed transactions and incoming wires, some of the other RESPONSIBILITIES that will be assigned to you are:
- Record all transactions in accounting software including receivables, payables, cash receipts, and subcontracts.
- Document and file receipts by keeping copies of all invoices sent, all cash receipts (check and wire deposits), and all cash payments (cash, check, credit card statements)
- Review unpaid vendor bills and sort by project and/or general office.
- Processes AP checks for approval and signature; generate ACH payments.
- Enters journal entries to record monthly job cost allocations.
- Scan, save, and audit monthly company credit card statements.
- Oversee Project/Owner Pay Applications and entry into Accubuild.
- Promptly process and track Subcontractor payments and Subcontractor Lien Releases.
- Work directly with the Director of Finance to provide backup for A/P, A/R, and Journal Entries, as requested, during audits and other special projects.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Health insurance
- They provide a safe-harbor 401(k)
- After three years of employment, employees are eligible for-profit sharing.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required
- Experience with new system implementation and/or software integration.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial data analysis.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- 2-5 years’ experience in the construction industry (preferably Commercial, Multi-family, or Hospitality) required.
If you want to be a part of a company that thrives on its teamwork and supports many global initiatives,, don’t hesitate and apply to what could be your dream job; and we can assure you that recruitAbility will be right beside you every step of the way.