Our client is changing the way people connect to social care programs. Launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX, they have helped over 7 million people find food, health, housing and employment programs in seconds using their SaaS Platform. They’re powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people. Their mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
As they continue to grow, they are looking to add a talented Data Engineer to join a small team of highly motivated and skilled data engineers and DBAs. The team’s 2022 roadmap includes migrating ETL jobs from Pentaho to Airflow (Cloud Composer), upgrading existing MySQL instances from version 5.7 to 8.0, redesigning the data warehouse in BigQuery, supporting multiple software projects and data products.
What You Get to Go Do
- Design and build data pipelines from various data sources to a target data warehouse using batch data load strategies utilizing
- cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Document database designs that include data models, metadata, ETL specifications and process flows for business data project
- Monitor, maintain and optimize production systems. Investigate and resolve incidents reported by users. Identify opportunities
- to automate, consolidate and simplify data solutions at scale.
- Perform periodic code reviews to ensure code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance.
- Share your passion for experimenting with and learning new technologies, while mentoring members of the engineering team.
- Guide business stakeholders and mentor members of the data and analytics teams regarding technology and best practices.
What You Need to Succeed!
- 4+ years work experience as a Data Engineer.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion,
- and processing in cloud environments such as GCP (ideal), Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python.
- Experience with at least one relational database such as Oracle, MySQL (ideal) or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with at least one NoSQL database such as DataStore (ideal), DynamoDB or MongoDB.
- Experience with BigQuery (ideal), Redshift or Snowflake.
- Experience in Airflow is a must.
- Experience with GitHub and CI/CD processes.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and ability to learn quickly
What’s in it for YOU?
- Be part of a mission that is changing lives
- Excellent Compensation Package includes strong salary range and comprehensive benefits package
- 401k & stock options, Free food and onsite gym, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
- Pet friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
- They value being together and believe this enables stronger relationships, collaboration, and culture.
- You can expect to be in-office if you’re applying in cities they currently have offices (Austin, TX and Denver, CO)
- Can be remote as well!
- We’re building a diverse, inclusive team