Our client launched 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people. They’re changing the way people connect to social care programs. They make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds. They’re powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people. Their mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
As they continue to grow, they are looking to add a talented Data Engineering Manager to join a small team of highly motivated and skilled data engineers and DBAs. The team’s 2022 roadmap includes migrating ETL jobs from Pentaho to Airflow (Cloud Composer), upgrading existing MySQL instances from version 5.7 to 8.0, redesigning the data warehouse in BigQuery, supporting multiple software projects and data products.
What You Get to Go Do with this fast growing Technology company
- Build a high quality Data Engineering team and design the team to scale.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs
- and deliver on those needs.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches.
- Data architecture experience.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Lead by example, role-modeling best practices for unit testing, CI/CD, DevOps, performance testing, capacity planning, documentation,
- monitoring, alerting and incident response.
- Coach your team members and care deeply about your team. You are experienced in developing, mentoring, and serving them.
What You NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- 2+ years of experience hiring and managing teams of Data Engineers
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in data engineering (data modeling, data warehousing, and building data pipelines) using SQL
- and Python
- Experience with at least one relational database technology such as Oracle, MySQL (ideal) or PostgreSQL
- Experience building and managing data pipelines and repositories in cloud environments such as GCP (ideal), Microsoft Azure
- or AWS
- Experience in Airflow is a must
- Experience with BigQuery or Redshift
What’s in it for YOU?
- Be a part of a great company with strong ties social values
- Get involved early to build something great with stock options
- Excellent salary range and comprehensive benefits package w/ 401K, competitive PTO, paid maternity/paternity leave, Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Free food, on-site gym, and Pet-friendly office with attached dog park
- 24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling with unconscious bias training for every team member