Our client, a fast-growing, highly successful Recruiting and Technology firm based in Austin, works with the leading VC-backed tech companies across the US. Their proprietary Top of Funnel platform will be your focus as they continue to rapidly expand their SaaS footprint with clients like Shopify, Cisco, Malwarebytes, and Drift already onboard. They are looking to rapidly expand this side of their business and you will be at the forefront of it!
As a Data Scientist. you’ll use your quant mastery to help drive major decisions across candidate acquisition, client acquisition and aid in training their AI Bot. They aren’t serving up widgets, they help scale companies and help people grow in their careers, so you’ll be helping the Best in Class Go-To-Market recruiting company truly change the future for talented individuals all over the US.
What you get to do as a Data Scientist for the cool company
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Unlock key factors in engaging their addressable client and candidate market places aiding marketing and sales in penetrating new industries, markets and segments.
- Use your ML experience to help develop models to train our AI and create real value for our team and our clients
- Build full-cycle analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, Python, R, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Produce recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate your findings
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Strive to be at the cutting edge of data science and are always willing to try something new if there could potentially be a big payoff
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Report against our goals by identifying essential metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Collaborate with engineering to implement, document, validate, and monitor our logging
What you need to Succeed as a Data Scientist
- A degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar domain
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- Experience working with funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, etc
- Expertise of SQL queries, ETL, A/B Testing, and statistical analysis with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Experience in building out large data warehouses or data lakes
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
- The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Experience building, implementing and showing the success of machine learning models to drive business decisions or be integrated into a SAAS product
- Self starter with the determination to initiate and lead projects to completion in a scrappy environment
- Experience at a marketplace SaaS companies solving marketplace density issues a BIG +
What’s in it for you with this progressive company?
- Excellent compensation package includes competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan
- Chance to build a industry leading product from the ground floor
- Work with a great team in a fun, motivating environment focused on personal and professional growth