Our client, based in Ireland and Austin, TX, was founded in 2007 and is the world leader in smartphone technology for HOV verification, GPS tolling, road user charging, and dynamic road pricing. For more than a decade, they have been a trusted partner of government and commercial organizations in fighting traffic congestion and reducing carbon emissions by reducing commuters’ reliance on single-occupancy vehicles. Occupancy is in their DNA, from launching the world’s first ridesharing smartphone app in 2008, to verifying millions of carpool trips, and developing breakthrough technology for enabling automated high-occupancy toll discounts. Armed with proven technology solutions, a pre-eminent transportation patent portfolio, and our vision for more sustainable transportation services, our client continues to pave the way for shared autonomous mobility.
With the expansion of the company, they are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve the company and build data products to extract valuable business insights. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company
- Collect data through means such as analyzing business results or by setting up and managing new studies.
- Transfer data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis and creating new, experimental frameworks to collect data.
- Build tools to automate data collection and search through large data sets for usable information.
- Work with stakeholders to identify key metrics and opportunities for improving business processes, products, and services.
- Build, deploy, and maintain data management systems and back-end data infrastructure for our business intelligence pipeline.
- Perform data mining, exploration, and analysis and create data visualizations, reports, dashboards, and data audits.
- Leverage predictive models to optimize customer experiences.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes and analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms and combine models through ensemble modeling.
- Present information using data visualization techniques and propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Proficiency in Python, Java, Mysql, Graphs & Stats
- Knowledge of data science toolkits and big data analytics technologies
- Experience with data visualization tools and expertise in data mining and machine learning
- Working knowledge of statistical models and business intelligence
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure
- Ability to store and process unstructured data with NoSQL databases and machine learning models
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What’s in it for YOU?
- Excellent salary range, this client pays for good talent!
- Comprehensive benefits plan includes Generous PTO and Equity/Incentive plan
- Work with the best at a very dedicated company where people love to come to work with an extremely tight culture and team that values Work/life balance
- Influence on the resulting application software in a dynamic environment
- Annual trip to Ireland!
- Oculus Virtual Meetings and Apple Watches for all of our passionate staff