Located in the beautiful and lush "Silicon Hills" of Austin Texas, we are looking for a Data Scientist to work on cutting-edge Artificial Intelligent technology. This is a customer-facing role so strong communication skills are required! This is an opportunity for you to bring your knowledge and data science knowledge to design and create machine learning-based solutions that help our customers make well-informed decisions.
Primary Responsibilities of the Data Scientist
- Contribute to AI product development and key data science research areas, internally and externally
- Collaborate with our data scientists and project teams in developing and applying Machine Learning expertise in developing and delivering customer solutions
- Independently and effectively engage with external technical stakeholders and SME's experts to understand and solve critical business problems through the application of cutting-edge AI
- Design and deploy machine learning models for commercial and industrial applications, such as anomaly detection, prescriptive maintenance, and fraud detection
- Lead all phases of the data science process from data exploration and processing, feature selection and engineering, model training and testing, and information synthesis
- Use and/or pioneer procedures and/or automated toolsets to more efficiently and effectively perform data science activities
Primary Requirements of the Data Scientist:
- Strong understanding of Data Science, including basic elements of machine learning, statistics, probability, and modeling.
- Data Science programming languages, such as Python, R, Matlab
- Machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Theano, and Keras.
- Applied knowledge of ML techniques/algorithms including:
- linear models, neural networks, decision trees, Bayesian techniques, clustering, and anomaly detection
- Managing large volumes of data (terabytes or more)
- Participating in and/or leading project teams, specifically data science teams
- Ability to form strong working relationships with team members, cross-departmentally, customers' technical teams, and executive leadership
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related scientific discipline
Due to COVID19, this position will start remote, we prefer someone local or willing to relocate to the Austin Texas area in the future.