Our client is a leader in the Artificial Intelligence space that offers business-critical solutions for customers in energy, manufacturing, finance, aerospace, defense, and security. A highly awarded company recognized for cutting-edge technology, This dynamic company develops AI-powered, cyber-physical software for the safety, security, reliability, and optimization of IT, OT, and the Industrial IoT. They deliver value to their customers by providing solutions that address complex customer problems.
The client’s Professional Services team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to design, build, deliver and support machine-learning solution infrastructure for both the client internally and its customers. You will work with management to define requirements and take the lead on operational and customer-facing technical projects. They are looking for someone who can come in and immediately make an impact helping guide, through hands-on mentorship, DevOps engineers in best practices and architectural design while communicating with customers effectively.
Primary Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer
- Architect and continuously improve the infrastructure for cloud-based services and client interfaces
- Collaborate with team leads and management across the company to define shared capabilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our build, testing, and continuous integration environment
- Work with customer IT staff and cloud architects to build & maintain customer-hosted environments
- Implement best practices for always-up, always-available services
- Proactively communicate project & task status to project stakeholders
- Occasional on-call support and customer meetings which may include irregular hours as needed
- Lead and mentor DevOps engineers
Primary Qualifications of the DevOps Engineer
- 5+ years of software development or DevOps experience (full life-cycle object-oriented development a plus)
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to interact with clients
- Must have a strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Must have experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform or an equivalent
- Must have proven experience managing multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have extensive experience with production cloud environments on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Must have strong experience with at least one programming language: Bash, Python, C#, Java
- Must have experience with development operations of continuous integration, automated testing, and automation of the dev process
- Experience designing and rolling out scalable infrastructure using container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Strong experience with relational databases / SQL queries as well as NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open-source tools is a plus
What is in it for you as a DevOps Engineer with this growing company?
- Join a group of high-performance professionals building awesome software solutions
- Be a part of the AI Industry and work with some of the best and brightest engineers
- Excellent Salary Range and Comprehensive Benefits Package and PTO plan
- A place where people WANT to go to work!