Headquartered in Hamden, CT, our client is a publicly traded global leader in developing software-driven technology and printing solutions for high-growth markets including restaurant solutions, POS automation, casino and gaming, lottery, mobile, and oil and gas. The Company’s solutions are designed from the ground up based on customer requirements and are sold under the AccuDate™, EPICENTRAL®, Epic®, Ithaca®, RESPONDER, Printrex®, and other brands. They have over 3 million printers and terminals installed around the world and is committed to providing world-class service, spare parts and accessories to support its installed product base.
With the continued growth of the company, they are looking for an experienced, technology professional as a Embedded Firmware Engineer to join a growing team with a focus on the company’s growth initiatives. Although technical proficiency in specific areas is important, the ideal candidate is adaptable and multifaceted who relies more on their solid engineering foundation vs syntactical mastery of a specific skill. In return you will be given extensive creative freedom in your solutions, the ability to influence the company’s firmware platform, and the ability to participate in the growth of the company.
What’s in it for you?
- Extensive creative freedom in your solutions.
- Ability to influence the company’s firmware platform and participate in the growth of the company.
- You get to be a part of a small team to drive and influence and be a part of the innovation process.
- Excellent compensation includes salary and excellent benefits.
- Medical, dental, vision effective first of the month following the date of hire (Cigna) and company shares cost of healthcare premium.
- Employee assistance program and Education assistance program as well as Credit counseling.
- An incredible PTO and Holiday Time Off plan.
What you GET to do:
- Key stakeholder in the firmware architecture and implementation of the firmware for Transact Gaming Printers and Food Service Terminals.
- Deliver maintainable, thread-safe, embedded software functions, routines, tasks, modules, device drivers, and algorithms in C /C++ for 32/64 bit MCUs.
- Ensures overall system quality through the use of effective engineering processes (Agile, Continuous Development, and Test Automation).
- Drives exit criteria for key feature deliverables for the platform.
- Supports existing software tool infrastructure: JIRA, BitBucket, and GIT.
- Capable of understanding detailed technical datasheets and documents.
- Assists in product development, system bring-up, and integrated system testing activities.
- Refactors legacy code to introduce new features while improving reliability and maintainability.
- Adheres to established departmental coding & engineering standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Cultivates new design ideas & methodologies on the development team.
- Participation in the product and feature innovation process.
What you NEED to have:
- Engineering Degree. BSCE (or higher) Preferred, BSCS /BSEE (or higher) with Embedded Design Experience.
- Minimum five years of engineering experience, with a minimum of 3 years of Electro-mechanical system design experience and embedded Firmware Design.
- Experience in C/C++.
- Familiarity with various communication protocols (SPI, UART, USB), various processors, inter process communication protocols.
- Skills in Structured design, Design Documentation, Debugging Techniques, Microsoft Office / Windows.
- Knowledge of hardware design, debug, microprocessors, Real Time Operating Systems preferred.
- History of developing Linux and Windows device drivers is a plus!
- Understanding of configuring automated build systems such as Atlassian Pipelines.
- Experience Developing firmware for devices with mechanism control and sensors.