Our client has been headquartered in Anaheim, California for over 35 years, and is recognized as a leading developer and manufacturer of professional Audio Visual system products. They were founded with a corporate philosophy that promotes concepts of Service, Support and Solutions. The products they are developing are used to integrate video and audio into presentation systems for today's high tech boardrooms, presentation/training centers, university lecture halls, and other applications. Each product is carefully engineered to provide best-in-class performance, intuitive operation and exceptional reliability. The passion for their products is evidenced by the company culture which encourages innovation and provides opportunities for individual career growth. The teams for this company develop and release over 100 new products a year and continue to grow our vast patent portfolio.
As the company continues to grow and develop, Embedded Software Engineers (or Firmware Engineers) are extremely important and touch most of our products! We are adding several engineers to our team here in Anaheim to work on multiple new projects. You will work with a highly talented team who has created some of the most well-known products in the Pro A/V industry. You will be challenged daily to solve complex problems and create embedded Linux software and firmware for advanced video products using the latest tools.
What YOU get to go DO with this outstanding Audio Visual Technology leader!
- Develop firmware for embedded Linux platforms
- Customize bootloader and kernel for various processor architectures
- Implement operation and management applications, configure filesystem and customize development environments
- System level and algorithm design, implementation, test and debug
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- BSEE, MSEE, BSCS, or MSCS
- 5 years’ experience developing firmware for embedded Linux platforms
- Proficiency with open source cross-compiler tools and Linux kernel development
- Experience deploying commercial embedded Linux systems
- Demonstrated software programming proficiency (C/C++/scripting)
- Strong understanding of processor and hardware requirements around embedded Linux
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
- Embedded Linux audio/video experience highly desirable
- Linux driver architecture, especially related to USB, Framebuffer, SPI, I2C, ALSA, Video4Linux
- Knowledge of components of open source apps such as SQLite, OpenSSL, Apache, Samba, and QT
- Expertise of kernel startup process, embedded Linux filesystems, MTD, and loadable kernel modules
- Embedded audio/video experience, graphic accelerators and OpenGL highly desired
What's in it for YOU?
- This company offers top industry salaries, and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a 401k program with employer match, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
- PTO – 4 Weeks Per Year. While you work, you’ll be accruing time off to use however you prefer. In addition to PTO, you’ll enjoy time off on holidays.
- You get access to our industry-leading product and technology training on the job.
- You’ll save big on company technology for your home with preferred Pricing on Technology Products and Service. Enjoy savings for yourself and your family!
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance towards tuition, books, lab fees for courses at an accredited school.
- This is a hybrid occasional in office position. Employees must live within commutable distance to the office!