Our client is a majority employee‐owned provider of specialized fund administration services for Managers and General Partners of private equity funds, specifically: Buy‐out, Venture Capital, Real Estate and Fund‐of‐ Funds. For new General Partners, they provide consulting services to help accelerate the launch of their funds in addition to our full fund administration services. For established General Partners, they provide administration services and technology to whole fund families or select funds, to help scale their fund operations rapidly and efficiently.
As this company continues to expand, they are looking for an Engagement Manager who will be responsible for managing and leading all client engagements. In conjunction with the Engagement Director, the Engagement Manager is responsible for supervising the Fund Controller and Associate in matters of fund accounting, capital account maintenance and financial statement preparation.
What’s in it for YOU?
- This company has a great culture with enthusiasm for the brand, connection with people, working with teams as well as working with clients.
- Growth Opportunities are endless!
- Ability to take agency of the accounting process as you will have a hand in the accounting cycle.
- The company is about controlled growth and weekend work is frowned upon.
- Comprehensive Medical (Aetna), dental, and vision coverage, along with life insurance, Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options.
- Comprehensive disability/maternity and paternity plans.
- 401K eligibility after 3 months – company will match 50% of employee’s deferral up to 4%.
- Flexible vacation plan (no set amount of PTO days).
- 8-10 standard holidays along with year-end office closure (Winter Break).
- $500 home office reimbursement for all new full-time hires to use for equipment/furniture needed as we continue to work remote/hybrid.
What YOU get to do:
- Maintain frequent client contact to keep abreast of ongoing fund activities.
- Manage client expectations and manage engagement keeping in mind client needs, staff utilization and overall engagement efficiency.
- Supervise the audit and tax preparation process.
- Review all communications to the client and its investors on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with sourcing new clients, issuing proposals and overall business development.
- Mentor and train junior staff members.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. (Finance/Accounting/Economics concentration preferred)
- 2+ years of public accounting experience or equivalent.
- 2+ years of VC/PE fund experience or fund administrator – OR – minimum 1 year as manager at a public accounting firm.
- Previous Private Equity/VC experience and knowledge of Partnership Accounting preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks preferred.