A publicly traded insurance holding company is seeking a highly motivated Senior Financial Reporting Accountant for a contract position on their Accounting team in North Austin. The position will be responsible for preparing quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reporting in accordance with GAAP, statutory and SEC requirements. The position is located in Austin, TX.
What’s in it for YOU?
- 10 to 15 weeks contract (Possibility for extension)
- 35 to 45 hours per week.
- Free covered parking at a new building in a great location.
- Free gym on-site.
- A company promotes a healthy balance between work and play.
What YOU get to DO at this competitive company:
- Lead preparation of consolidated financial statements and related schedules for the monthly financial package.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analyses and explain significant variances in financial statement accounts, utilizing input from respective account owners in the accounting department.
- Assist preparation of annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures, including subsidiary-standalone and consolidated financial statements.
- Help with the preparation and dissemination of monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc financial reports.
- Assist with audits and provide support as necessary as well as year-end tax reporting.
- Prepare quarterly Board reports.
- Effectively manage responsibilities to achieve timely and thorough completion.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to automate and streamline workflow, increase efficiency strengthen controls.
- Perform other job-related duties and projects as needed.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Experience preparing or reviewing financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 3-5 years of financial reporting in the financial services industry.
- Experience with Cloud based of Financial Platforms and process improvements.
- Strong Excel skills (V-lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.) and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Able meet critical business deadlines and work with accounting functions to understand various, important concepts that are unique to the industry.
- A sense of urgency in order to drive results in a demanding business environment.
- Ability to address issues/concerns in a professional manner and collaborate and interact effectively with internal/external stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills to work with broad level of finance and operational teams.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Skill in analytical and practical problem-solving skills with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SOX and GAAP accounting principles, current SEC rules and regulations and of insurance products and statutory accounting principles a plus.