Our ground-breaking client is revolutionizing the transportation industry! Having launched in 2016, they are headquartered now in Bastrop, TX and was founded with the incredible mission to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. They are creating unprecedented technology to increase tunneling speeds and decrease costs with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions. As a passionate and diverse community, they are searching for smart and scrappy people who are determined to innovate at every opportunity.
With the company expanding and transforming the way to build tomorrow’s transportation network, as a Full-Stack Software Engineer you will be responsible for helping build automation and application software for the next generation of machines that will be used to build new underground transportation system. This role will primarily be focused on overseeing the design and implementation of tools to operate, analyze and control the client’s machines. You will work within a devoted company that is on a great mission to change how technology is utilized for the greater good of transportation.
What YOU get to DO at this INNOVATING company
- Support software engineering & controls team writing code for tunnel boring machine.
- Design and implement tunnel boring HMIs.
- Ownership of data pipeline.
- Visualize relevant data for different stakeholders using dashboards. (e.g., Grafana)
- Support and improve built pipeline.
What YOU need to SUCCEED in this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Experience developing software applications in Python, C++ or similar high-level language.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL (time series) databases.
- Familiarity with using git or similar versioning tools for development.
- Ability and motivation to learn new skills rapidly.
- Capable of working with imperfect information.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Expertise in designing and testing user interfaces.
- Understanding of the protocols HTTP and MQTT.
- Ability to use and configure CI/CD pipelines and in writing unit tests.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Agile teams experience is a plus!
- Passion to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
What’s in it for YOU?
- Launch of a career with a company that is evolving the transportation industry and helping humanity, make a meaningful impact that will last for generations to come!
- Highly competitive compensation range and spectacular comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays, a generous PTO plan, and equity for all permanent employees.
- They offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of their employees and their families.
- Beautiful Bastrop location sure beats Austin traffic!