Our client, headquartered in the “Silicon Hills” of Austin, Texas, offers an experience as unique as the city in which it operates. The firm supports more than 1,700 independent financial advisors in delivering comprehensive securities and investment advisory services to their clients. With a culture rich in reinvention and advisor advocacy, they have developed integrated business management technology that, combined with its personalized consulting services, offers exceptional scale and efficiency.
This is an exciting new role for our client, and they are seeking a passionate Full-Stack Software Engineer who will report to the Manager of Software Engineering. You will accomplish a set of high visibility and business essential projects. The primary focus of this role is to build Microsoft Azure cloud-based applications for our Financial Professionals and partners. You will design, test, release, and maintain web and windows applications across the full Microsoft stack. You will develop front-end, middle-tier, and back-end code with a passion towards building high-quality, secure, performant, stable and scalable solutions.
What YOU get to go DO at this award-winning company:
- Design, test, and maintain web-based, cloud-native applications across the full Microsoft stack on the Azure cloud.
- Build middleware using C#-based Web APIs/micro-services, Azure functions, Azure logic apps, Message Queues/Order Brokers such as Azure Service Bus, Azure Event Hubs, and Kafka.
- Integrate with back-end data sources such as Microsoft SQL Server, Azure Cosmos/Couch base, and Snowflake.
- Create unit tests as part of the development cycle using Test-driven Development methodology.
- Automate pipeline and release processes by using CI/CD automation.
- Provide and maintain of a set of platform features.
- Build API based deep integrations with 3rd party vendor platforms.
- Collaborate with Scrum Master, Product Owner, and other Scrum team members in a cohesive and collaborative Agile environment, using Jira for managing all work.
- Will work with geographically diverse teams and partners through both onshore and offshore teams.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or Equivalent Experience.
- 3+ years of experience building cloud-native applications on Microsoft Azure.
- 6+ years of overall experience building apps using the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Expertise in creating web apps using ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC.
- Complete understanding of C# programming experience.
- Familiarity with SQL Server.
- Ability to create Web Services, WCF Services, and Web APIs.
- ORM experience such as Entity Framework is an added bonus.
- Experience in the financial services industry useful.
- Understanding of building native applications on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Knowledge of the Agile scrum methodology, Software development life cycle, and Object-oriented programming principles.
- Familiarity with using Visual Studio and TFS for software development.
- Knowledge of building middle-tier code using C# – Web APIs, Web Services, Azure functions.
What’s in it for you at this growing company?
- Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package for this full-time position.
- A world-class team of professionals, casual work environment, and rich culture.
- Challenging projects now and on the Technology Roadmap going out several years.
- Career path, training support, and opportunities for advancement within.
- Award-winning, a stable leader in their market space and still growing.
- A solid compensation plan includes comprehensive benefits and a bonus plan.
- Full health, vision, dental. 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.
- A brand new state-of-the-art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water!