Founded in 1995, Our client is an industry-leading, Austin-based firm that provides Video Surveillance Management Systems (VMS) to SMBs and global enterprise clients across vertical markets nationwide. They are poised to announce the next generation of enterprise Security Solutions that raise the bar for anytime, anywhere access for video surveillance. In a fast-paced, innovative environment, the Web Developer responsibilities include becoming a part of our growing Engineering and Operations organizations to deliver high-quality software in a collaborative environment.
They are seeking a full stack Web Developer for immediate employment. They are in the process of expanding their IT Department in support of their internal customers. The successful candidate will want to join an exciting fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to develop their skills and grow. Fun, entrepreneurial spirit & initiative are key elements in this environment!
Primary Responsibilities of the Web Developer
- The Web Developer will be primarily responsible for supporting multiple departments within technology deployments and integrations.
- This role will be expected to provide management and support of the corporate public website including changes to the site, publishing of new content, and administration of the content management system.
- This role will create or improve on integrations between internal back office systems, work with stakeholders and management to scope and apply knowledge to assist in problem resolutions.
- The Web Developer will use their experience in planning and delivering software platforms across multiple departments, from initial planning to testing, deployment and implementation, and ongoing maintenance.
- Documentation and refining of project requirements, specs, tasks, etc., and use of project management tools will be required. Review and development of solutions against other development team’s APIs will be expected.
- Experience in developing both front-end web application components as well as coordinate with back end and other server development teams to produce an end to end user experience is necessary.
Primary Qualifications of the Web Developer
- 5+ years of experience in developing web applications, back-end services and databases.
- Deep functional knowledge and hands on experience with web services using REST or SOAP.
- Solid understanding of latest security and performance best practices and user management technologies.
- Ability to administer, write custom plugins and themes for CMS products like WordPress, Expression Engine, Craft, Drupal, etc.
- CSE/ECE BS graduate.
- Knowledge of Server Computer Hardware and Software; IP-based Networking, and Microsoft Windows. Linux, and AWS.
- Ability to provide user-friendly site administration, documentation, and guidance to content contributors.
- Experience with API and backend frameworks is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to organize and document complex design activities
What’s in it for you as the Web Developer for this growing company?
- Excellent Compensation Package in the $85k – $95k salary range
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical insurance, optional employee paid dental, vision, AD&D, LTD and more.
- Own the corporate web site and drive critical marketing initiatives!