Our client is a majority employee‐owned provider of specialized fund administration services for Managers and General Partners of private equity funds, specifically: Buy‐out, Venture Capital, Real Estate, and Fund-of-Funds. For new General Partners, they provide consulting services to help accelerate the launch of their funds in addition to our full fund administration services. For established General Partners, they provide administration services and technology to whole fund families or select funds, to help scale their fund operations rapidly and efficiently.
As this company continues to expand, they are looking for a Fund Controller that works with other team members to lead the financial reporting and administration operations of our clients. In conjunction with the Engagement Manager, the Fund Controller is responsible for fund accounting, capital account maintenance, and financial statement preparation for the client.
What’s in it for YOU?
- This company has a great culture with enthusiasm for the brand, connection with people, working with teams as well as working with clients.
- Growth Opportunities are endless!
- Ability to take agency of the accounting process as you will have a hand in the accounting cycle.
- The company is about controlled growth and weekend work is frowned upon.
- Comprehensive Medical (Aetna), dental, and vision coverage, along with life insurance, Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options.
- Comprehensive disability/maternity and paternity plans.
- 401K eligibility after 3 months – company will match 50% of employee’s deferral up to 4%.
- Flexible vacation plan (no set amount of PTO days).
- 8-10 standard holidays along with year-end office closure (Winter Break).
- $500 home office reimbursement for all new full-time hires to use for equipment/furniture needed as we continue to work remote.
What YOU get to do:
- Supervision of the audit and tax preparation process.
- Assisting with the preparation of information and data for Capital Calls, Distributions and Allocations to investors.
- Detailed management and tracking of portfolio company financings.
- Cash flow management and forecasting.
- Assisting with the Quarterly Reporting to the Limited Partners.
- Maintenance of investor information in third party software systems.
- Some local travel to Client sites as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Finance/Accounting/Economics concentration preferred).
- 4+ years of public accounting experience or equivalent.
- CPA is a plus.
- Previous Private Equity/VC experience and knowledge of Partnership Accounting, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks preferred.