Our client, a leading event and entertainment venue in Austin, is looking to hire a General Manager for a small theme park & karting track. The kart track is a high-speed one-mile road course, complete with indoor sports bar/restaurant and tracks viewing lounge, gift shop, party suites, and affiliations with the globally recognized event venue. The theme park is a daily kid's amusement park and is set to open in February 2021. You will be responsible for building and executing business plans while maintaining brand excellence. Overseeing staffing, event planning, operational event logistics, customer service, loyalty program building, vendor relations, and inventory management. You are the leader of the amusement park and karting track. Coordination with company accounting and marketing departments is essential.
Who you are:
- Someone who has 3+ years of experience in Amusement Theme Parks & the hospitality business.
- A proven track record of managing cost, asset management, and the ability to budget both expenses and capital YOY.
- Success at merchandise sales, distribution, and storage.
- A background hiring and managing staff (full and part-time) and building a flexible operations staff
- Relevant experience in the amusement and theme park industry
- Relevant experience in the karting business, having run a similar, high volume facility is a "plus"
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends
- Customer service experience
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events, the noise level may be loud