Our client, a leading event and sport management company in Austin, is looking to hire a Director of Operations for the country’s premier theme park & karting track. The kart track is a high-speed one-mile road course, complete with indoor sports bar/restaurant and tracks viewing lounge, gift shop, party suites, and affiliations with the globally recognized event venue. You will be responsible for building and executing business plans while maintaining brand excellence. Overseeing marketing, event planning, operational event logistics, customer service, accounting, loyalty program building, vendor relations, inventory management. You are the leader of the amusement park and karting track.
Who you are:
- Someone who has 3+ years of experience in Amusement Theme Parks & Karting
- A proven track record of managing cost, asset management, and the ability to budget both expenses and capital YOY.
- Familiar with timing systems and relevant karting applications
- Experience with Club Speed System, merchandise sales, distribution, and storage.
- A background hiring and managing staff (full and part-time) and building an operations and marketing team
- Relevant experience in the amusement and theme park industry
- Relevant experience in the karting business, having run a similar, high volume facility
- Ability to work nights, holidays and weekends
- Customer service background is a plus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events, the noise level may be loud