This exclusive opportunity is for a Regional Head of Client Success for North America and will be based out of our New York office. This is a key Senior Leadership role for our client, with ultimate responsibility for driving client success within the region.
The Head of Client Success has clear accountability for driving success for our customers throughout the customer lifecycle and will have ownership for the following key client-facing functions: Professional Services, CSM (Customer Success Management), Client Installs, Customer Support & Cloud Support. The Head of Client Success will lead a multi-disciplinary team across each of these functions, focusing on delivering true long-term value to our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the delivery certainty, service levels, service quality, and profitability of our projects and Customer Support for North America. He or she will play a critical leadership role in driving the right level of client engagement and coverage across the region, transitioning the business from being a tactical vendor to a true partner to our clients, strengthening and deepening relationships, and supporting the front-end commercial team in continuously driving business growth.
The successful candidate will also play a lead role in scaling the North American team and business.
- Act as key Exec owner/Relationship Manager for top tier clients and ensure the appropriate level of engagement and coverage across new & existing client base.
- Proactively engage with our customers, driving a truly client-centric, partnership approach with the aim of delivering consistency and improvement in revenue retention and renewals, minimizing churn and maximizing opportunities for ACV growth, cross-sell, and up-sell.
- Drive client advocacy continuously improving customer satisfaction, health scores, and experience – ultimately driving adoption/usage and creating long-term value.
- Ensure delivery certainty for our clients, continuously driving towards successful project implementations – on time, to budget, a high degree of quality & with the appropriate governance.
- Manage complex project implementations, driving accountability within the project teams, and ensuring the effective resolution of escalated issues & path to green for our customers.
- Partner with Pre-Sales, Sales, Product, Finance to support the acquisition of new business, analysis of potential engagements & determination of appropriate pricing models.
- Deliver required levels of project profitability, managing PS margin to agreed targets – ownership for budget, expenses, resource allocation, and schedules to ensure key client implementation service levels and target deliverables met.
- Develop and embed a scalable, fit for purpose, highly effective Customer Support service – both on-prem & Cloud, delivering to the needs of our NAM client base, partnering effectively with outsourcing partners as required.
- Identify and drive additional Support revenue opportunities – e.g. Enhanced Support & Self-Sufficiency.
- Lead and scale a truly first-class Delivery, CSM & Support Team for the NAM region, creating a culture of accountability, empowerment & true Customer 1st mindset and behaviors.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 15+ years’ proven experience of effectively leading Client-facing functions within software technology, Financial Services, Fintech, or Regtech, with a minimum of 5 at Senior Exec Level.
- Specific product domain knowledge is highly desirable.
- History of building and leading successful teams to achieve targets and objectives within a complex global, high growth client acquisition-driven business.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills – must be highly effective at Customer engagement with the appropriate level of gravitas, domain expertise, and relationship management skills at the Senior Exec stakeholder level.
- Demonstrated experience managing client requirements and monitoring project/product/service deliverable status through the use of operational performance measures and project management methodologies.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in matrix organizations to include senior leadership level, entrepreneurial, commercial mind-set.
- Highly responsive and reliable, service-focused, customer-centric, and results-oriented – must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of customer expectations and deliver the appropriate business outcome.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills; solid decision-making capabilities coupled with the ability to analyze complex situations and develop plans to drive key target business objectives and the right customer business outcomes.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines, ability to prioritize conflicting demands, organize time and resources to deliver solid and consistent results for the business, and bring assignments to a successful close – delivering high quality, best in class service and support.
- Hard-working and willing to roll sleeves up to get the job done.
- Strong Change Agent, with analytical and process-oriented mindset; demonstrated ability for critical thinking; demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Strong desire and understanding of how to develop people and to scale an organization in a supportive, accountable environment.
- Previous experience of leading Professional Services, CSM, and/or Customer Support functions desirable.