Our client is the world’s leading eCommerce SaaS platform that enables businesses to integrate, manage, and optimize their sales processes across dozens of online marketplaces. Thousands of customers in more than 60 countries use their software to transform the way they sell online.
They are seeking a talented Implementation Manager to join their rapidly growing team in Austin, Texas. In this role, you will be working directly with company leadership to assemble a world-class onboarding program for new customers. This role will require you to think strategically, test your ideas, and rapidly iterate to find the right formula for success. It’s also equal parts leadership, technical know-how, creativity, communication, and an unwavering passion for customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate:
● Lead implementations and manage relationships with project stakeholders including (clients, partners, and internal stakeholders)
● Work with Sales to properly scope and qualify each customer’s onboarding needs
● Serve as the lead point of contact to set and maintain expectations throughout the onboarding process
● Assemble and coordinate the application of resources needed (both internal and external) to ensure timely completion of deliverables
● Go on-site to onboard a customer if-needed
● Define team performance targets, resource needs, and growth roadmap
● Provide key insights and solutions to company management to ensure continuous improvement
● A born leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to everything they do: self-motivated, resourceful, innovative, collaborative, accountable, and committed
● Highly organized, strategically minded, extremely resourceful and an exceptional communicator (both verbal and written)
● Flexible, excellent at learning on the fly, and willing to push the limits of your abilities for the sake of the team
● A strong decision maker: You are good at gathering information and making measured decisions, which you then commit to
● Not afraid to admit when you’ve made mistakes so you can correct them and learn
● Capable of asking for and accepting help whenever necessary
● 3-5 years experience implementing complex, enterprise-grade software and solutions (both remote and on-site experience necessary)
● 3+ years experience in a related field such as Order Management (OMS), Product Information Management (PIM), ERP, eCommerce marketplaces/storefronts, or Fulfillment
● 2-3 years of direct management experience
● Has a track record of great performance – references required upon request
Generous market competitive compensation, there will be accelerators for overachievement.
They also provide full health benefits, a generous PTO allowance plus 2 charity days, and 401k matching.