The Integration Engineer works with both Customers and the Carrier Partners to architect data integrations via feeds, APIs, or less traditional approaches to meet our Customer’s use cases. They are a key member of our Implementation team and have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to juggle many moving pieces, across multiple projects, while meeting timelines and keeping the larger picture in check. A solution mindset, attention to detail, proactive communication, and the desire to solve challenging customer problems in the best way possible are important qualities for this role. Technical acumen and experience working with data feed and APIs are critical, as are software and integration requirements gathering and testing, and mapping specific use cases to a defined solution. Experience writing requirements for assignments to an Engineering group is ideal. Background in SaaS software and/or Supply Chain Logistics required.
- Core member of the Implementation Team, delivering Client solutions, and ensuring successful onboarding and Client satisfaction.
- Function as the technical go-to person for client and carrier data integrations, understanding use cases, leading requirements gathering, facilitating technical discovery, development support, and ensuring quick turnaround on all tasks.
- Owns coordinating and gathering technical assets from Integration Partners (Carriers), including validating feeds and APIs, documenting data mapping requirements, and ensuring necessary variables are present.
- Responsible for compiling all integration requirements for our Engineering team to implement, as well as prioritization and verification of Engineering deliverables.
- Develop a deep understanding of how integrations affect the Convey platform and products, and apply to Client use cases.
- Work collaboratively with customers/carriers as well as internal teams (eg. implementation, product, engineering) to understand, develop and document client solutions and integrations.
- Serve as an escalation point for deployed integrations, working with and supporting Clients, Integration Partners, and internal teams to quickly communicate and resolve open issues. Lead post-mortems to minimize reoccurrences.
Primary Requirements for the Integration Engineer
- 5+ years of experience implementing complex data integrations with enterprise customers.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and attention to detail, including the ability to think creatively about issues and the intellectual curiosity to find a resolution.
- Experience working with APIs and various data formats, including testing and troubleshooting
- Database knowledge and SQL proficiency
- Ability to work independently with strong organization skills, discipline, and persistence
- Solid technical skills and the ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate business and technical details with various stakeholders at our clients and partners
- Experience gathering requirements and managing prioritization for a team of Engineers.
- Experience managing and/or delivering integrations across a partner network is a major plus.
- Jira, Confluence, SQL, Periscope/Sisense, API, CSV validation, and data mapping are all applicable skills.
- SaaS and/or logistics industry experience preferred.
- Must be located in US or Canada.
What’s in it for you at this fast-growing firm?
- Excellent Compensation includes a generous salary
- 100% paid Comprehensive Benefits includes major medical, dental, vision, and more
- Fully remote with an Austin, TX HQ for a hybrid opportunity
- Super cool culture and a great team that is on fire!