Our client, a real estate technology and investment firm are revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. They have more than $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. They are looking for a proven iOS Developer with strong programming fundamentals and a sharp eye for details. We are interested in finding a developer who is a self-starter, with a proven track record to execute at a high level.
They build consumer brands and apps to lease and sell homes direct-to-consumer. In addition, they design, prototype, and roll-out IoT devices and smart home tech to help manage and solve important business operations. They build RESTful microservices on serverless cloud infrastructures. Their tools and websites are built with React.js, Next.js, Material UI, and .NET. They build native and React Native iOS and Android apps. Their BI and data teams use Hadoop, Hive, and Presto to create the data sets that power the business.
- Knowledgeable. You are a real pro and deeply understand web development and its ecosystem.
- Intellectually Curious. You are constantly learning and working to improve yourself.
- Entrepreneurial. You enjoy wearing many hats and hustling to get things done.
- Problem Solver. You are a critical thinker who brings solutions not problems to the table.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Scrappy & Fast. You like finding creative ways to quickly move projects forward.
- Good Communicator. You easily explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character.
- Accountable. You take ownership and have pride in your work.
- Ship high-quality iOS applications
- Develop features from design through implementation and launch
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs of every decision and work with design on the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Improve code quality with unit tests, automation, and code reviews
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the technology team
- Help across all platforms in addition to iOS (frontend, Android, or backend), diving in where help is needed
- 5+ years experience developing and shipping rich iOS consumer-facing apps
- 5+ years experience with Objective-C or Swift
- Hands-on experience supporting multiple screen resolutions and devices
- Experience with RESTful API’s and asynchronous web services
- Familiarity with UI design concepts
- Strong object-oriented programming (OOP) and architectural skills
- Experience with common software engineering tools and processes
- Familiarity with integrating open source libraries
- Understanding of mobile performance, latency, and security issues with extensive experience using performance analysis tools
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science (or equivalent years of experience)
- Android/Kotlin experience is a plus