Our client, the leader in minimizing equipment and critical assets downtime for the energy industry and has been the Provider of Choice for some of the largest Refinery, Petrochemical and Power complexes in North America for over 30 years. One of the critical success factors contributing to their growth and success is their focus and commitment to building world-class software and systems that help the company run more efficiently and scale more effectively than anyone else in their space.
The IT Support Team Lead will oversee the day to day functions of the IT help desk, which includes monitoring the progress of help desk tickets and performance of support staff. This position relies on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. Significant ingenuity and flexibility are expected.
Key Responsibilities of the IT Support Team Lead
- Lead in the delivery of IT Support as directed by the Infrastructure & Support Manager
- Responsible for the creation and execution and governance of all processes and guidelines relating to the client’s IT Support Vision
- Be responsible for the support of computers, computer peripherals, software and mobile devices (mobile device management)
- Ensure the delivery of excellent support services to users
- Contribute to the creation and governance of service level agreements between different Client Divisions and the support team
- Monitor the progress and quality provided of incident and service requests that are placed in the help desk system
- Assess the performance of all support staff using performance reports from the help desk system along with customer feedback
- Manage resource planning for all support staff that ensures continual coverage of support services meeting required SLA’s
- Create and maintain key performance indicators/reports required by the technology department leadership
- Train entry-level IT Support staff to succeed within the Support Team and organization
- Coach and mentor IT Support Staff using knowledge and professional experience
- Coordinate with Infrastructure Team Lead when resources are needed for projects
- Responsible for library of appropriate documentation, ensuring that new processes are documented in an organized & timely manner making it easier for new entry-level staff to follow
- Communicate with vendors and contractors as needed to complete tasks
- Work closely with the Software Support Lead and Field Support to make sure support processes, SLA and KPI goals are aligned
- Promote an active learning environment within the company
- Keep up to date with developments and strategy in IT Support, and make recommendations where appropriate to the technology department leadership
- Contribute to the continual improvement of departmental processes and tools and create an environment that encourages all employees to take ownership and help make continual improvements within the department
Core Requirements for the IT Support Team Lead position
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field or significant progressive experience in IT preferred
- 3 – 5 years of prior experience in a user support role
- 1 – 3 years of prior direct or indirect supervision experience preferred
- Relevant technical training and/or certifications (e.g., Microsoft, A+, ITIL, Leadership, etc.) preferred
- Proficient computer skills including desktop computing systems, hardware, and software with a working knowledge of basic network technologies
- Strong leadership skills; including the ability to coach, influence, provide guidance, gauge and address staff morale, create a positive team environment, and delegate tasks, etc.
- Ability to get involved and do support role work when necessary and handle work pressure and negative customer feedback
- Create and govern processes/agreements and efficiently report KPI’s
- Ability to support multiple sites across Houston and to travel when necessary (<5%)
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with Windows and Apple/Android mobile devices, Office 365, Service Now help desk, Bomgar and NEC phones preferred.
What’s in it for you as an IT Support Team Lead?
- Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits offerings that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, Training, PTO, 401k and more
- Great time to join as they are evolving and you can be a part of these exciting new changes
- Professional work environment and positive atmosphere
- Growth opportunities as they company grows