Our client, headquartered in the “Silicon Hills” of Austin, Texas, offers an experience as unique as the city in which it operates. The firm supports more than 1,700 independent financial advisors in delivering comprehensive securities and investment advisory services to their clients. With a culture rich in reinvention and advisor advocacy, they have developed integrated business management technology that, combined with its personalized consulting services, offers exceptional scale and efficiency.
This is an exciting new role for our client, and they are seeking a passionate Junior Software Engineer, and the successful candidate will have a great opportunity to deliver on a set of high visibility and business-critical initiatives. The full-stack engineer, with knowledge of front-end skills, will be responsible for providing high-quality CMS-based solutions in collaboration with Kestra Marketing and Business Development teams, to produce innovative, scalable and effective experiences for our Advisors.
Primary Responsibilities of the Junior Software Engineer
- Develops Sitecore templates, layouts, and renderings for web applications, using Asp.net, MVC, HTML, CSS and JS.
- Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participate in the ongoing development and related activities of a comprehensive quality improvement process.
- Provide support for application problems and issues.
- Collaborates with other team members in Scrum ceremonies and other necessary meetings
Primary Requirements for the Junior Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or closely related technical discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in software design solutions using technologies such as ASP.Net, MVC, C#, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, DOM and SQL.
- Solid ASP.NET web development experience with proficiency in MVC
- Solid knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Strong ability to adapt to new technologies
- Experience with CMS is a huge plus
- Excellent verbal and email communication skills. Communications with development staff and internal business partners will be frequent and the candidate must communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to be a self-starter, pay strict attention to detail, and multitask across multiple projects in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills enabling comprehension of complex business and application issues
What’s in it for you at this growing company?
- Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package for this full-time position
- A world-class team of professionals, casual work environment, and rich culture
- Challenging projects now and on the Technology Roadmap going out several years
- Career path, training support, and opportunities for advancement within
- Award-winning, a stable leader in their market space and still growing
- A solid compensation plan includes comprehensive benefits and a bonus plan
- Full health, vision, dental. 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.
- A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water