Our client, headquartered in the “Silicon Hills” of Austin, Texas, offers an experience as unique as the city in which it operates. The firm supports more than 1,700 independent financial advisors in delivering comprehensive securities and investment advisory services to their clients. With a culture rich in reinvention and advisor advocacy, they have developed integrated business management technology that, combined with its personalized consulting services, offers exceptional scale and efficiency
As a highly motivated and experienced Manager, Data Engineering, you will help drive the company to become a data-centric organization through ownership of our data technology stack. You’ll work closely with your team and peers to take the existing platform to the next level and execute the core data strategy and DataOps approach to data engineering. Your high-performance team of Data Engineers will manage requests including ad-hoc analysis and both tactical and strategic problem-solving. You’ll have responsibility for the continued development of the company’s strategic data, analytics platform, and ecosystem. As an effective business partner, you’ll work with all segments and levels of the business to support them in finding actionable insights from their data to achieve the organization’s goals. You’ll be working in an Agile Scrum environment as a leader in a first-class data engineering and analytics team.
Primary Responsibilities of Manager, Data Engineering
- Create an inspiring team environment with open communication.
- Set clear performance goals at both a team and individual level.
- Oversee performance and have one-on-one sessions with direct reports.
- Determine training needs and provide coaching where appropriate.
- Encourage ownership and continuous improvement.
- Accountable for data tech stack (DataOps, Snowflake, PowerBI, etc.), and delivering high-value results.
- Perform data modeling, master data management, enterprise data warehousing, ETL, reporting, querying, requirements, analysis, and data integration techniques.
- Define and develop optimal data pipeline architecture to collect, cleanse, transform and model data from disparate sources into reconcilable and usable data sets.
- Architect and implement database structures, tune SQL for performance, create queries and data transfer processes to ensure efficient and stable performance of ETL and data models.
- Ensure all data security and data governance policies are compliant with the latest industry standards.
Primary Requirements for the Manager of Data Engineering
- Proven track record of leading and delivering data technology initiatives, working across teams, and communicating with various stakeholders.
- Deep expertise in data modeling, data profiling, and reporting and analytics.
- Broad understanding of available cloud-based data and analytics technologies and third-party data providers.
- Ability to run an Agile team that relies heavily on automation to improve speed and quality of delivery.
- Understanding of Master Data Management and Metadata Management, including using a Data Catalog preferred.
- Naturally curious individual that will help drive innovation across the team and organization.
What’s in it for you with this growing company?
- Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package for this full-time position
- A world-class team of professionals, casual work environment, and rich culture
- Challenging projects now and on the Technology Roadmap going out several years
- Career path, training support, and opportunities for advancement within
- Award-winning, a stable leader in their market space and still growing
- A solid compensation plan includes comprehensive benefits and a bonus plan
- Full health, vision, dental. 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.
- A brand new state of the art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water