Entry-Level Manufacturing Design Engineer
As the world's largest offshore drilling company, our client, throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in 120 countries, helps design, develop, and deliver technology that transforms how work is done in reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing. They were founded with an impactful mission to create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy, for the benefit of all. With a pioneering approach and a commitment to innovation, they are determined to transform how work is done in one of the most dynamic and exciting industries.
Our client is looking for a talented and detail-oriented Manufacturing Design Engineer to join their creative team. As the design engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out a variety of engineering duties including designing, researching, and prototyping new products. Our engineers redefine their discipline, spearheading development across mechanics, modeling, electronics, and robotics. Leveraging a delivery excellence mindset, our product development engineers work hand in hand with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain experts to design and execute manufacturing plans with unparalleled precision and flexibility. Together, these squads ensure that leading-edge technology makes it out of the design phase and into the hands of global E&P operators. Our teams explore the intersections of data science, maintenance, and operations alongside our digital technology and technology lifecycle management experts, coming together to form a continuous loop of innovation.
What's in it for YOU?
- An incredible role that allows you to work with a leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world!
- Opportunity to pioneer new approaches and harness the latest advances in disciplines including AI, machine learning, IIoT, and more.
- A company culture of meritocracy and belonging, where they encourage every member of the global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth!
- Join a community of experts that work together to extend the limits of what’s possible in the industry with exceptional training, tailored approaches and career development.
- Dedicated systems and open honest dialogue to help you develop your career with potential opportunities across regions, functions and businesses!
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company:
- Our client will provide 6-8 months of paid, on the job training you need to become an adept problem-solver, who uses the latest technology to deliver exceptional service quality. You will then be promoted to a full time, fully trained Oil & Gas Maintenance (or Field) Engineer.
- You will be required to RELOCATE, to any given region in the United States, that is an oil field location. Relocation fees are taken care of by the company!
- Identify and capture opportunities for improvement in equipment maintainability and reliability.
- Use Lean Six Sigma and RCM concepts to optimize work processes and adapt maintenance processes.
- Research and draft blueprints, engineering plans, and graphics.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing, and plan, set up, and run lab experiments and test simulations.
- Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
- Use design software to develop models and drawings of new products.
- Maintain existing engineering records and designs.
- Assess all engineering prototypes to determine issues or risks.
- Estimate cost limits and budgets for new designs.
- Supervise the manufacturing process of all designs.
- Coordinate with other engineers, management, and the creative department.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role – Please keep in mind that candidate sponsorship of any type is not an option for this role.
- Must have to 0-2 years' experience. We are looking for people ready to get their foot in the door, as this is a gateway position to be with the best in the world!
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma
- A personality that is driven, committed and allows you to act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere.