National Account Manager
SUMMARY: The successful National Account Manager will be excel at developing new business and relationships with key national retailers. The ideal candidate will thrive in a start-up cpg product environment and have the ability to get in front of key decision makers.
- Effectively manage all areas of business responsibilities including: sales, customer profit, forecasting, internal and external communication, reporting, administrative and customer service.
- Monitor sales and analyze performance trends to identify issues and opportunities.
- Plan and execute customer focused sales functions and sales presentations.
- Understand and evaluate category segments and potential expansion.
- Develop and maintain an active relationship and dialogue with the customer(s) at all levels of the organization.
- Direct the collaborative planning process to improve customer planning and alignment.
- Provide analytical support to senior management in planning new product launches and existing product expansions.
- Work closely with a business/replenishment analyst to monitor the business daily
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in business, economics, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years sales and key account experience in CPG with a strong track record of success.
- Strong leader with excellent communication, influencing, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Exhibit ability to develop high quality relationships based on trust and integrity with the appropriate customer contacts to drive growth.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to quickly changing business environment and varying priorities.
- Must be able to coordinate and prioritize high work volume and pressing time requirements.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Second language a plus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel) required computer skills using the Microsoft software (word, excel, PPT). Working knowledge of ERP forecasting, planning systems preferred.