Our client, one of the nation’s largest distributors of U.S. Government issued Gold, Silver, and Platinum Coins was founded by gold market veterans who recognized a need to combine top-notch customer service, expert market knowledge, and the type of professional guidance that is absolutely necessary when purchasing precious metals. The company, located in the beautiful Austin, Texas area, prides itself on long-term relationships with each and every client by providing best-in-class customer service. They are proud to call themselves America’s Gold Authority. They’re a leader in their industry and one of the nation’s largest distributors of government-issued gold, silver, and platinum products.
To support the company growth, they are seeking a charismatic IT Support Desk who interacts well with others and enjoys helping others in-person, telephone, or chat. This role requires understanding and experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows virtual servers, software, applications, WAN/LAN networks, desktops, and printers. The main daily tasks include helping other employees do their work more effectively, Force Multiplier, Support tickets, and inbound calls from users. You will be the Finger on the pulse of the organization!
What you get to do as a IT Support Desk:
- Maintain computer networks and systems including software, mainframes, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware.
- Install and configure network equipment to update or fix hardware or software issues.
- Update virus protection software to keep data and communications protected.
- Monitor computer systems to improve network performance for computer systems and networks.
- Communicate networking issues to other employees and management, especially in training new users.
- Fix software and hardware configuration issues for users on-demand or from inspection of the systems.
- Assess company or organization’s network and computer system needs.
- Make upgrades and repairs as needed and oversee digital security.
- Perform maintenance that all systems are operating.
- Collect and analyze data to optimize performance.
- Onboard users to the network and train users on hardware and software.
- Occasional on-call rotation support.
- Preferred CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent, understands PC architecture for Desktops, laptops, tablets, servers – both physical and virtual.
- Has experience working in a Windows environment.
- Can help users troubleshoot problems with MS-Office products, Email, MS-Teams.
- Understands the concepts of VOIP.
- Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, HTTPS, Active Directory.
- Can support MAC as well as Android and iPhone users with connectivity to MS-Apps.
- Preferred candidate knows Change-Management process (ITIL), using and managing Procedure documentation and can update when necessary.
- Maintain and update accurate information across several systems including inventory records, knowledge base, and ticketing system.
- Microsoft Fundamentals, CCNA, Security+ a plus.
What’s in it for you at this cool company?
- Full employee benefits package, including supplemental coverage through Aflac.
- Competitive commissions and career growth!
- 401k, plus up to 3% matching
- Performance-based bonus opportunities.
- Generous paid vacation/sick and holiday leave.
- Long-term disability insurance.