Our client is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. They provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospital and serves more than 10,000 customers out of their US and International offices.
They are looking for a Network Engineer to join their well-established team in North Austin (Domain area) and help them continue to deliver world class products and services to their growing client base.
Core Responsibilities of the Network Engineer
- Ensure everything is running problem-free and safely so that our team has the appropriate facilities and access needed to do their jobs
- Act as a technical and business leader and a lead problem solver.
- You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems and network hardware and software
- Own the installation, configuration, monitoring and supporting of both new and existing infrastructure assets. Ensure offices and data center (including Cloud) locations are secure, connected and operating efficiently.
- Deploy, monitor and maintain Firewalls, Office and Cloud Routing, LAN switching and Wireless Infrastructure.
- Assist with the deployment of Office365 Azure Active Directory and related Security and Mobility components.
- Participate in vulnerability scanning and patch management processes.
- Contribute to annual Penetration Testing and subsequent remediation efforts.
- Act as escalation point for all internal and external customer technical support required for computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems.
- Routinely visit each office location to complete preventative and restorative work.
- Coordinate with relevant 3rd parties to ensure complete of technical work (low voltage, electrical, AV systems, phone, etc.) fully and on-schedule.
What you need to succeed as a Network Engineer
- 5+ years of experience with Network Administration, including a high degree of confidence configuring a variety of vendor gear (Cisco, Palo Alto, Dell, Aruba, etc.). Experience should include VLANs, 802.1x access control, ACLs and Firewall Rules, QoS, Wireless troubleshooting/optimization– SD-WAN and Policy Based Routing experience a plus.
- 5+ years of Systems Administration experience with Linux and Windows Server Operating systems, including a firm understanding of Active Directory.
- 3+ years of Cloud Experience – Azure preferred, AWS/Google Cloud/VMware/others considered.
- 3+ years Financial management (project level budgeting and forecasting skills) and business acumen needed to support facilities and vendor management aspects of this role.
- College Degree in related field preferred; Applicable work experience and/or professional certifications may be considered in absence of a degree.
- Strong understanding of practical Network, Systems and Information Security a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of PCs, laptops, printers, and peripheral hardware devices, including both Windows and MacOS and related diagnostics software and procedures.
What’s in it for you as a Network Engineer?
- Our client is small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work.
- Be part of a company that is making a real difference in health care and saving lives
- Work with brilliant team of professionals and be part of the technical leadership team
- Excellent compensation plan and comprehensive benefits offering
- Great office vibe and location, room for professional growth