Our client has a long history of serving the Austin community, dating back to 1934. They are a community-driven company that produces and delivers electric power, manages the lower Colorado River, and provides a reliable water supply. In addition, they also manage public park systems and support community development. Their commitment to their customers and the community is evident in everything they do.
Because of their constant growth, they are looking for a skilled SENIOR PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR, a critical thinker who is quick on his feet, proficient in Microsoft Excel, and experienced in full-cycle accounting. in this role, you will serve as a liaison between end-users of the HR/Payroll PeopleSoft application and the time and attendance application and technical staff to ensure functional and efficient use of computer systems that support business processes.
What YOU get to DO at this innovative company
- Process, along with other Payroll staff, of bi-weekly and off-cycle payrolls. Determine and correct out-of-balance conditions.
- Review and ensures accurate computation of pay within company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures.
- Make or ensure that changes affecting net wages such as payroll taxes and other deductions, miscellaneous payments, insurance coverage, and direct deposits are accurately made in the payroll system.
- Work closely with payroll staff to identify the need for system revisions, formulates system requests and recommendations, and analyze post-implementation results of system changes.
- Prepare general ledger entries. Perform tasks to ensure accurate posting from sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- Prepare and creates standard and ad hoc reports.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- 9+ years in payroll or accounting
- A degree(s) in accounting or a relevant field
- Knowledge of advanced accounting principles and accounting/financial systems
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar accounting software
- Knowledge of the applicability of accounting principles to complex and varied business situations
- Skill in verbal and written communication
- Skill in applying accounting concepts and principles to practical business solutions
- Skill in meeting deadlines
- Ability to balance and manage competing high priority work demands
- Ability to build relationships and foster teamwork
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
What's in it for YOU?
- Strong health, dental, and vision plans
- Student loan forgiveness programs
- 401(k) with 8% employer match
- Opportunities for cross-training and promotion
- Hybrid position