Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Our client, a fast growing, highly successful and extremely well funded Austin startup that helps companies establish their AI strategy, develop custom solutions, and transform around artificial intelligence. We believe in a practical approach where executing proven techniques creatively on narrow use cases creates transformation in aggregate.
What you will get to do as a Principal Machine Learning Engineer
- you will sit at the cutting-edge of machine learning and software engineering.
- You will be responsible for designing and developing AI and machine learning applications for our growing client base.
- You will join a team of experienced engineers and entrepreneurs bringing practical AI solutions to the market. Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing machine learning models
- Running machine learning tests and experiments
- Evaluating new techniques and making technical recommendations
- Running numerous experiments in a fast-paced and fun environment
- Mentoring junior machine learning engineers to improve their technical skills
Core Requirements for a Principal Machine Learning Engineer
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience in machine learning or related field.
- Programming experience with Python, Java, or C++.
- You should have strong programming skills and professional experience in one or more of the following areas:
- AI and Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- Natural Language Processing
- Data Science
- Deep Learning
- Hard working with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to get along with engineers at all levels
- You should take ownership over the things you build and be eager to learn new skills
- Any type of security clearance +++
What’s in it for you as a Principal Machine Learning Engineer
- Compensation includes competitive salary, company stock grant, profit sharing, top (‘gold’) level of health, dental and vision insurance (Client covers 100% of your premiums and 50% for any dependents), health and dependent flexible spending accounts, short- and long-term disability insurance, unlimited vacation (that you’re encouraged to take), paid parental leave, free parking near our downtown office and more
- We are committed to building an inclusive culture that’s professional and hardworking, while also fun, collaborative and open
- Join a company that stands for courage and original thinking.
- Work with a team that has a passion for teamwork and making others around them successful.