Our client, who launched in 1985 and headquarters in Hopkinton, Massachusetts, has developed into a fast-paced SaaS company which provides customers with a cloud-based payroll process software application. Their software is used by more than 88,000 organizations and 2.2 million worksite employees, processing greater than $57 billion in payroll each year. They provide professional services including system implementation consulting, custom configurations, and training. They also create exceptional software and services, empowering human resource outsourcing service providers to deliver world-class payroll, benefits and HR to small and medium sized businesses.
Driven by growth and new technology initiatives, as a Principal Release Engineer you will contribute to the successful build and deployment of multiple products for our cloud-based product offerings. This role will function within an Agile based engineering environment and will interface with several teams including Development, QA, Operations and Product Management. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented problem solver who welcomes challenges and focuses on team success. This is a great opportunity for a passionate Release Engineer looking to join a fast paced, energetic software company.
What You Get to Go Do with this fast-growing technology company
- Design, build, troubleshoot, and maintain the CI/CD pipelines and tools.
- Deployment and troubleshooting of containerized technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Implementation of release tools in AWS and/or Azure infrastructure using IaC.
- Support Development and QA efforts during release cycles.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Development, QA, Operations, Product Management and other teams to ensure smooth transition of deliverables through proper release channels.
- Participate in technical discussions as well as release milestones, go/no-go, and retrospective meetings.
- Create and monitor parallel branches for multiple projects, Execute software builds (automated and on demand) and create and validate release artifacts.
- Deploy artifacts to multiple environments throughout release cycles including development, QA, staging and production.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork, participate in after hours releases, hot fixes, upgrades, maintenance troubleshooting, and on-call availability as needed.
What You NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role
- 7-10 + years of Release Engineering/DevOps experience.
- 3-5 + years experience deploying web-based applications to cloud environments.
- Experience in deployment methodologies utilizing container technologies such as Docker/Kubernetes.
- Strong scripting capabilities such as PowerShell, Bash etc. and Remote script execution knowledge via SSH, WinRM.
- Experience in managing source control systems (Git and Github preferred).
- Build script knowledge (GitHub Actions, Ant, Gradle, PowerShell etc.).
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Artifactory and Puppet as well as Windows, Unix.
- Proven track record of implementing build/release systems around new and existing products.
- Familiar with and advocate of DevOps best practices and database technologies (Relational, MultiValue, etc.).
- Solid SDLC management skills (Change Management, release cadence, hotfix delivery).
- Ability to learn and adapt to multiple technologies, Strong communication, documentation, and interpersonal skill and Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to prioritize and work well in a fast-paced environment with competing demands and Dedication and willingness to work alternative schedules as necessary.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code preferable and Full-stack end-to-end troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Experience in monitoring tools and log management tools as well as troubleshooting load balancers, reverse proxies, and nginx is a plus.
What's in it for YOU?
- Competitive Salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- U.S. employees are working either remotely or hybrid capacities, while our Noida employees continue to work in the local office.
- Weekly Social & Virtual events for employees including programs like monthly Happy Hours and regular Chats with the CEO.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401(k) Match.
- Generous PTO plan, Free Snacks & Coffee, Dog Friendly Office & Game Room.