Our client operates the largest knowledge marketplace in the world by connecting experts across fields with powerful insights. The engineering team builds a platform that matches companies around the world with experts who can help them make the right call on their most important decisions.
Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Transformation Engineering, the Senior/Principal Software Engineer is a key member of the Enterprise Transformation team. The Enterprise Transformation Engineering team is developing and implementing best-in-class business transformation solutions that create connective tissue across the business technology eco-system to track revenue throughout the company. This includes the next generation of revenue microservices, using queues (AWS SQS), topics (AWS SNS), Lambdas, CD/CI using Github Actions, Regression testing with Wiremock, and monitored by Cloudwatch and AWS X-RAY, all driven from a single source of truth in Salesforce. This is a great opportunity to get exposed to leading AWS technologies and microservices while working on greenfield projects.
Primary Responsibilities of the Principal Software Engineer:
- Develop a deep understanding of their products and Engineering processes
- Architect business transformation solutions that integrate with the current and future technology eco-system
- Build products, from end to end, with multiple technology stacks
- Devise metrics to understand the success of a project
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of business metrics to drive ideas and translate them into executable projects
- Effectively present project outcomes to large groups
- Build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders including senior business leaders
- Mentor and lead other Engineers on the team
Primary Qualifications of the Principal Software Engineer:
- At least 6 years of relevant software engineering experience, including proven project leadership skills
- Experience working with complex business requirements across multiple organizations and translating them into achievable deliverables
- Must have experience working in an AGILE environment, preferably Kanban
- Strong Database (preferably T-SQL) experience is required
- Must have experience in developing microservices, messaging, queuing, monitoring, and scaling technologies
- CI/CD experience in Cloud environments (preferably AWS)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills are required to effectively collaborate with various business stakeholders including senior leaders
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, the ability to prioritize and work within tight time frames and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in business, finance, or relevant field preferred.
What’s in it for you as a Principle Software Engineer with this well-established, award-winning company?
- Challenging projects during a transformation time
- Leading-edge technology implementations
- Strong stable company
- Great Comp and Benefits
- 100% Remote – if you live in one of these locations: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington, Washington DC