Our clients’ competitive intelligence platform enables businesses to capture, analyze, and act on everything happening outside their four walls. Named an industry leader by Forrester and G2, our client’s software is trusted by hundreds of leading businesses to keep up with competitor information – external messaging and positioning, product and pricing changes, hiring plans, go-to-market strategies, and more. Their platform then helps businesses act on this information, increasing sales win rates, improving marketing performance, informing product strategies, and driving revenue.
But they can’t build a great product without a great team, and that’s where you come in! They are a small but growing organization, and they are looking for people who want to do the best work of their careers and produce great results. They push themselves to improve, accomplish more, and maximize their impact. Growth opportunities abound. But they also focus on keeping their people healthy and happy, both physically and mentally. This includes taking breaks, not taking themselves too seriously, and having fun together. Life is too short to not love your job!
Primary Responsibilities for the Principal Software Engineer
- Conceive, design, build and ship innovative solutions to customer-centric problems, as well as provide technical and thought leadership in a growing organization.
- Tackle complex problems including data architecture, workflow, ML / NLP, UX, and scalability concerns, working across our client’s full technology stack.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and DevOps leadership to improve their efficiency and productivity
- Be heavily involved in mentoring and peer review, helping level up the engineering organization. Your success will be measured by the impact of the product collectively shipped, as well as your positive influence on their client’s engineering culture as a whole
- Work closely with product leadership to prioritize and execute critical product initiatives
- Conceptualize and refine solutions to well-understood user problems
- Provide thoughtful mentoring and guidance to other engineers
- Explore and evangelize modern standards and pursuit of cutting-edge technologies
- Improve engineering efficiency via strategic investments, libraries, processes, etc.
- Code, review, deploy, reflect, rinse, repeat
Primary Requirements for the Principal Software Engineer
- Startup experience with small, high-velocity product organizations
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience. React / Django / Python expertise a plus.
- A user-centric approach to developing a product, and a strong appreciation for UX principles
- Proven track record of delivering elegant solutions to complex problems
- Rave reviews from former teammates
- A positive, team-first attitude with lots of smiles and laughs to go around
What’s in it for you at this fast-growing, progressive company?
- Our client offers a competitive salary, equity, medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, take-what-you-need paid time off, and an inclusive culture
- Our client is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives because we know that the most successful teams are diverse teams
- Unlimited Vacation – they let you take time off when you need it and encourage their people to take the time to recharge
- As many books and networking coffees as you want and an education budget for professional development