Our ground-breaking client is revolutionizing the transportation industry! Having launched in 2016, they are headquartered now in Bastrop, TX and was founded with the incredible mission to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. They are creating unprecedented technology to increase tunneling speeds and decrease costs with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions. As a passionate and diverse community, they are searching for smart and scrappy people who are determined to innovate at every opportunity.
With the company expanding and transforming the way to build tomorrow’s transportation network, as an Electrical Engineer, you will need experience in designing and developing control and automation systems with and without human input as well as familiarity in sensor selection for control systems and redundancy requirements. If you have strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines and acute attention to detail, this may be a fit for you!
What’s in it for YOU?
- Launch of a career with a company that is evolving the transportation industry and helping humanity, make a meaningful impact that will last for generations to come!
- Highly competitive compensation range with paid holidays and a generous PTO plan.
- They offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of their employees and their families.
- Beautiful Bastrop location sure beats Austin traffic!
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
What YOU get to DO at this INNOVATING company
- Jump between the system and component level for various mining, industrial automation and automotive control applications.
- Lead the development of simple and complex control systems for electrical, mechanical, and fluid power.
- Lead development of GNC systems, controls for multi-ton harsh environment “pick and place”, and other operational automation tasks.
- Ensure all systems are compliant with appropriate regulations such as MSHA, OSHA, NEC, NFPA, Class 1 Division 2 Hazardous Location.
- Work with other engineers to integrate electrical systems with mechanical structures, mechanisms, software packages and civil engineering systems.
What YOU need to SUCCEED in this role
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering required!
- 1+ years of experience in electrical engineering, controls engineering or related field.
- Understanding of common communication interfaces
- Knowledgeable in Electrical and Electro/Mechanical control, and Hydraulics control systems.
- Experience in writing & tuning control software.
- Knowledge of various types of industrial automation and automotive DAQ technologies.
- Familiarity with a variety of motor types (DC, AC induction, Synchronous, etc).
- History of working with PLCs.
- Familiarity with system response modeling.
- Experience designing panels, enclosures, and harnesses for rugged environments.
- CAD experience.
- High voltage safety training.