Geophysicist & Geologist (Help Desk)
As the world’s largest offshore drilling company, our client, throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in 120 countries, helps design, develop, and deliver technology that transforms how work is done in reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing. They were founded with an impactful mission to create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy, for the benefit of all. With a pioneering approach and a commitment to innovation, they are determined to transform how work is done in one of the most dynamic and exciting industries.
Our client is looking for an eager graduate as Geophysicists and Geologists for their Help Desk roles to join the team!
What’s in it for YOU as a Geophysicist or Geologist:
- An incredible role that allows you to work with a leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world!
- Opportunity to pioneer new approaches and harness the latest advances in disciplines including AI, machine learning, IIoT, and more.
- A company culture of meritocracy and belonging, where they encourage every member of the global team to share ideas, make an impact, and contribute to continuous improvement as well as their own personal growth!
- Join a community of experts that work together to extend the limits of what’s possible in the industry with exceptional training, tailored approaches and career development.
- Dedicated systems and open honest dialogue to help you develop your career with potential opportunities across regions, functions and businesses!
What YOU get to DO as a Geophysicist:
- Be hands-on in project activity to understand geologic and geophysical objects as well as client risks.
- Foster technical solutions, enhance project efficiency, and ensure effective team participation.
- Perform quality control, monitoring, and interpretation of geophysical data.
- Liaise with clients on technical matters and manage expectations.
- Forecast resource requirements and report project status to Project Manager.
- Support field engineers by recommending ways to deliver the most accurate, reliable data possible.
- Manage and monitor equipment to ensure accurate datasets.
What YOU get to DO as a Geologist:
- Work as a key member of the geoscience team to evaluate prospects.
- Prepare surface and subsurface maps depicting stratigraphic arrangement.
- Generate structural models including seismic interpretation and analysis, geologic interpretation, rock property analysis, mapping, and structural framework creation in time and depth conversion.
- Perform facies modeling.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role – Please keep in mind that candidate sponsorship of any type is not an option for this role.
- Must have to 0-3 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in Geophysics, Geology or related Geoscience discipline.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Comfortable following processes, but able to adapt.
- Eager to progress quickly and work on a wide range of projects.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills, with the ability to present factual information clearly.
- Mobility for international travel and assignments.
- Able to adapt to various working conditions and locations.