Are you the Risk Advisory professional we've been searching for?
Our client is a leading national firm specializing in Tax, Risk, Assurance, and consulting services that is scaling up its Austin based team! They are looking to hire a Senior Risk Advisory Associate to continue expanding their presence in Austin. You will be responsible for the day-to-day of 3-6 concurrent engagements. You will have an understanding of the client’s industry (i.e. inventory/distribution, oil and gas, financial institutions) or the ability to quickly learn and adapt to an unfamiliar industry. This person should have an advanced understanding of accounting and audit concepts, including internal control theory and internal audit standards.
- Engage in planning activities, including working through budgets, writing test programs, and understanding and executing engagement-specific approach
- Take ownership of multiple concurrent projects and engagements and be able to independently plan, execute and complete the projects with minimal assistance from more experienced team members.
- Assume all project management responsibilities including the supervision of 2-6 staff on projects and ensure the engagement tasks and objectives are completed accurately and that staff are appropriately utilized.
- Execute the documentation initiatives for all internal control over financial reporting areas using the COSO framework
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Institute of Internal Audit standards and the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of technical accounting literature, including audit standards and procedures, within the GAAP and SEC hierarchies
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the client’s operations and accounting system, financial condition, and the industry in which it operates
- Research complex accounting treatment for issues on audit engagements, propose solutions and consult with more experienced staff as necessary
- Begin to demonstrate the ability to draft a complete and accurate internal audit report which adequately documents the objectives of the audit, procedures, performed, results of procedures, the overall conclusion, and recommendations for improvements clearly and concisely
- Become involved in firm and service line administrative, including billing, duties as requested
- Monitor and supervise the career progress of Associates in all engagement phases, by cultivating a challenging environment and providing feedback as needed
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of internal control over financial reporting and other critical financial and/or operational internal audit areas
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and develop budget and deadline considerations and strive for adherence.
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, Texas Society of CPA’s and Intitule of Internal Auditors in discharging their professional responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred
- CPA required, and CIA or CIA candidate preferred
- Thorough understanding of GAAP, GAAS, and IIA standards
- 3-5+ years of accounting or consulting experience at a public accounting or consulting firm, industry of combination of public accounting and industry experience (international audit and/or accounting manager/controller responsibilities)
- Experience in managing, mentoring and developing staff
- Thorough understanding of COSO internal control framework, Internal Audit Standard, and Sarbanes Oxley Act and Section 404
- Internal and/or external audit experience with a variety of industries and types of audits for public companies
- Experience with state and local governmental agencies, higher education, and financial services industry is a plus