Our client, headquartered in the “Silicon Hills” of Austin, Texas, offers an experience as unique as the city in which it operates. The firm supports more than 1,700 independent financial advisors in delivering comprehensive securities and investment advisory services to their clients. With a culture rich in reinvention and advisor advocacy, they have developed integrated business management technology that, combined with its personalized consulting services, offers exceptional scale and efficiency.
This is an exciting new role for our client, at the parent company level, is a great opportunity to implement Salesforce Technologies across all subsidiary companies. The primary focus of this role is to lead a team of salesforce engineers implementing Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud for our Financial Professionals and business stakeholders. The role of a Salesforce Engineering Director is to build and lead Salesforce Engineering department that integrates technology into the fabric of our business and drives value through transformational thinking and purpose-driven solutions. This position is responsible for architecting, planning, and delivering a suite of Salesforce technologies that balances new technology with proper design, implementation, scalability, maintainability, security, and performance concerns across Salesforce’s web and mobile stack. The ideal candidate needs to be able to lead and configure/write code as an individual contributor. This is a hands-on leadership role for someone that still wants to stay deep in the technology while leading a team of engineers.
What YOU get to go DO at this award-winning company:
- Implement and enhance Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud across all subsidiary companies.
- Partner with Salesforce Product Manager to execute deliverables from Salesforce Enterprise Roadmap.
- Manage and collaborate with Partner Implementation firms for CRM, Service Cloud, and Marketing Cloud initiatives.
- Manages and participates in the complete SFDC engineering lifecycle including gathering requirements, architectural design, configuration, customization (as needed), platform testing, implementation/deployment, training, and maintenance and enhancements.
- Focus on growing the technical skillset of the development team.
- Be a champion for and drive work through an Agile (SCRUM) methodology including estimations, daily standups, sprint planning, implementation tracking, demos, and retrospectives.
- Promote continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing for quicker feedback and improved consistency.
- Bridge the gap between architect vision and developer implementation.
- Moderate technical ideation sessions and serve as decision maker.
- Balance technical purity with speed to market and remove developer impediments.
- Implement Salesforce solutions as an individual contributor by configuring, administering, and coding.
- Integrate with other enterprise platforms as needed: Ring Central, Exchange, HRIS, etc.
- Create unit tests as part of the development cycle using Test Driven Development methodology.
- Automate pipeline and release processes by leveraging CI/CD automation.
- End-to-end ownership and accountability for delivery and maintenance of a set of platform features.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, related field, or Equivalent Experience.
- 8+ years of overall Salesforce experience (Sales Cloud) and configuration, mobile solutions, Apex coding, or Visualforce coding experience in Salesforce.com and/or Veeva.
- 6+ years of experience with Service Cloud.
- 5+ years of experience with Lightning.
- 4+ years of experience leading a team of Salesforce Engineers and Administrators.
- 3+ years of experience Marketing Cloud.
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Preferred Certifications include: Salesforce Certified Administrator, Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator, Service Cloud Consultant, Platform Developer 2, Application Architect, Integration Architect, System Architect, & Certified Technical Architect.
- Marketing Cloud Admin/Consultant/Developer.
- Strong knowledge of the Agile scrum methodology, Software development life cycle, and Object-Oriented programming principles.
- Must have hands on Salesforce configuration, implementation, and coding experience .
- Must have hands on experience with Apex and Visualforce.
- Experience with Visual Studio Code.
- Classic to Lightning upgrade experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce roadmap for: Sales, Service, and Marketing Cloud.
- Excellent working knowledge of SOQL and Salesforce data.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum software delivery team with frequent deployments and releases.
What’s in it for you at this growing company?
- Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package for this full-time position.
- A world-class team of professionals, casual work environment, and rich culture.
- Challenging projects now and on the Technology Roadmap going out several years.
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Career path, training support, and opportunities for advancement within.
- Award-winning, a stable leader in their market space and still growing.
- A solid compensation plan includes comprehensive benefits and a bonus plan.
- Full health, vision, dental. 401(k) plans along with a host of voluntary plans such as car insurance, legal services, and more.
- A brand new state-of-the-art building in Southwest Austin with a basketball court, volleyball court, baseball field, walking trails, unlimited coffee, tea, and sparkling water!