Our client is a financial technology company located in the new Silicon Hills of Austin. They focus on supporting the growth of security of independent financial advisors, which allows them the flexibility to work in the best interest of the consumers. Our client is determined to change the FinTech industry by looking out for their advisors and building up a wide array of efficient and reliable tools. Over the years, they’ve combined their personal consulting services with their technology platform to rapidly expand and offer their services at a wide scale.
As the Scrum Master, your job will be to work with your team to drive high performance, collaboration, and execution while identifying and resolving potential obstacles within your team and members of the organization. You will facilitate the pragmatic use of Agile ceremonies that can consistently produce reliable results, while accelerating the learning and growth of your Agile teams by improving and streamlining their practices. Our client is looking for someone that is ambitious, goals-driven, and team-oriented to lead their growth!
What you get to do as the Scrum Master with the growing company
- Overseeing releases for multiple teams and enable the Data Engineering organizations to focus on delivery
- Managing and tracking projects with short and long-term trajectories
- Collaborating with both product owners and team members to learn and practice healthy backlog management and prioritization practices, as well as facilitating the execution and improvement of backlog refinements
- Ensuring all scrum activities are tracked and kept up-to-date and reported daily
- Teaching new team members Agile mindset and frameworks, practices, and processes
- Supporting your team by minimizing disruptions, coordinating operational issues resolutions, and fostering team development
What you need to Succeed as the Scrum Master
- A bachelor’s degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience, with at least 10 years of overall technology experience
- Understanding of data engineering skills: SSIS/Azure/SQL/APIs/Data Lake/Data Warehouse/etc. is preferable
- Thorough knowledge of the software development life cycle
- A history of working with agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise
What’s in it for you at this progressive, rapidly-growing company?
- A competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
- A brand new, state-of-the-art building in Austin, where you can find a rich culture, excellent live music, and delicious BBQ!
- A Technology Roadmap filled with Digital Transformation Projects
- A family-friendly environment – our client values a healthy work-life balance