Based in the beautiful Austin, Texas, our client was founded in 2003 upon the principle of providing advice to community and regional banks around information security and compliance. Since then, they have evolved to assist hundreds of companies in industries where compliance is a requirement and part of everyday life. The founders of this company have an impactful yet simple vision: to provide a blend of security standards and optimized technologies that go above and beyond what a typical service provider would deliver – all at a reasonable price. They are a global proactive cybersecurity services, data breach and incident response provider.
As the company continues to grow, they are looking for a Security Consultant that will have the experience necessary to work with clients to oversee all security-related efforts including security program development, security risk management, vendor risk management and GRC efforts to ensure the firm meets information security regulatory standards and guidance by providing an advisory services role and acting as the focal point for security compliance related activities and responsibilities.
What's in it for YOU?
- This company offers a collaborative and fast growing environment, with a dedication to a great culture including Taco Tuesdays, Happy Hours & Team Lunches!
- Join a powered a driven team of talented and experienced digital forensic investigators and security professionals that is called upon to help primarily small and mid-sized organizations protect against, respond to and recover from cyber-attack.
- Be part of a dynamic growing company that offers a meaningful and fun work environment with a competitive salary and bonus program as well as a tuition reimbursement program!
- When time is your enemy, you have to be nimble. The flexibility of being a small, privately owned company means decisions can be made quickly and innovation is never stalled.
- When you join our team, you will work with, and learn from, some of the best minds in cybersecurity!
- Medical benefits that include dental and vision plans with 401(k).
What YOU get to go DO with this outstanding Security Company:
- Performing security assessments to include vulnerability assessments, compromise assessments, M365 assessments, Risk Assessments among others, while identifying and defending against threats.
- Work with Clients to determine industry specific requirements and provide guidance in the creation of Written Information Security Programs, to include written policies, BCP/DR plans and Incident Response Plans.
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network, endpoint and cloud security solutions.
- Updating software/firmware with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
- Manage and Mature SIEM solution utilized in client environments including data manipulation and alert creation.
- Creating network policies and authorization roles for defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls and network monitoring tools, SIEMs and end-point protection solutions.
What you NEED to SUCCEED in this challenging role:
- 5+ Years of Experience in Security Consulting
- Practice with presenting highly technical deliverables to non-technical C-Suite or similar audience showing value in security solutions.
- Experience with firewalls, VPN implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Experience with SIEM solutions, deployment and monitoring preferred.
- Desire to write code and able to write scripts is a bonus!
- A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security solutions.
- Familiarity with common Industry requirements and Security frameworks such as NIST 800-171, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, CIS top 18, HIPAA, GDPR, GLBA etc.