Our client is a cloud communications platform that enhances how businesses are able to connect and engage with their customers. Their mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on them to power their voice and SMS communications on a global scale. Founded in 2011, they have over 180 employees across its US and India offices. This company has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. This success has landed them among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
With the company continuing to expand, they are seeking a high-performing Senior Communications Manager, who will oversee communication strategies, media relations, and measurement. This person will be responsible for creating the brand story, building brand awareness, landing earned media articles, supporting external communications and analyst relations, and improving our brand reputation. The position involves leadership, project management, strategy, and data. If you are self-driven and excited to get hands on, we want to speak to you!
What You Get to Go Do at this fast growing CPaaS Company:
- Develop and manage the full cycle of communications from strategy and planning, to media relations, content creation, outreach, data analysis, and optimization to increase share of voice.
- Establish corporate messaging, pitches, presentations, and thought leadership narratives as needed.
- Set KPIs, goals, and measurements to continuously optimize corporate communications.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams (product, design, content, legal, etc) on campaigns, events, and product launches. Partner with product marketing to develop narratives and messaging around products.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with reporters, analysts, publications, and influencers.
- Act as corporate spokesperson and respond to members of the media in a timely manner; compose and distribute press releases as needed.
- Source opportunities for leadership to speak on behalf of the company. Build and execute a media training program. Create a crisis communications plan and ensure that team members are adequately trained. Ensure corporate website messaging is current and on-brand.
- Manage social media strategy and programs, including crafting and coordinating content to be used in social channels.
- Own and manage the event and awards calendar. Manage event marketing, planning, and execution. Apply for awards on a regular basis.
- Create, implement, and adhere to budget.
What you NEED to SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, business, communications, public relations, or journalism from an accredited university.
- Master’s degree preferred. 5+ years of experience in B2B communications, public relations, or brand management.
- Exceptional storytelling, communication (written and verbal) and creative problem-solving skills. Excels at and has a passion for story-telling in multiple formats.
- Comfortable speaking in technical terms to a developer audience and leveraging data to inform the decision-making process.
- Experience managing events from start to finish and work collaboratively with teams across the organization in multiple geographic locations.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working with ambiguity, taking initiative, and getting things done with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Passion to be a marketer who is comfortable taking initiative and implementing programs without a blueprint.
- Thinks strategically about goals and is meticulous about tracking key metrics.
- Familiarity with Barcelona Principles or AMEC preferred!
What’s in it for you?
- An ownership-driven company culture that is making moves in the industry!
- Competitive salary with company-paid medical insurance with 401K benefits.
- Generous vacation policies!
- A remote work setup!